Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2 - no boot on SSE2 ThinkPad T41 after installation

CaptainNemo

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I downloaded Kalyway 10.5.1 last night and burned it - all I get when booting it on my ThinkPad T41 (Pentium M 1.6GHz SSE2-CPU) is the gray apple boot - the DVD-drive also turns off after a few minutes. Any hints? :)

Ciao

Nemi

[edit]

Ok - forget what I wrote before - it just took some time to load the installer. So I installed it after formating the hdd (mbr) incl. MBR-EFI from the custom install (incl. Kernel stuff above, NATIT_ati (Radeon 7500mobile), Azalia and SSE2 Kernel).

After the successful (more or less ;)) installation I get a blinking cursor... that's it :(

I read it and there is "SSE2" in the instructions?

"Some drivers extras setting are present (Only select one driver for each section!! )

sleep kernel 9.1 install by default !

intel sse2 system

video drivers

audio drivers

network drivers"

The SSE2-Kernel ist also inside the installation - so why should it not work?

Im also curious if the EFI can be disabled in the kalyway installation.. Im using Pentium 4 SSE2 and i want to try kalyway 10.5.1.. Can anyone suggest on what way should i install Leopard? Will Kalyway work on my hardware?

Yeah I think if the kalyway dvd didn't have efi itself, only if it was an option to install then we could get it to work on sse2 systems.. anyone know if you can delete efi extentions or something from the image??