Have full orginal version of Leo here....

AlpineRaven

11 posts in this topic

I have full version of Leopard DVD from AppleStore, works fine on intel mac and G4, but would like to install on this PC, currently running OSX.4.11 at the moment, the information all over the place is getting confusing and doesnt work with this brazilpatch from online - what should I use and where should i go from here?

Backup the image onto the hard disk.. then what?

Thankyou for your help.

Cheers

AP

I have full version of Leopard DVD from AppleStore, works fine on intel mac and G4, but would like to install on this PC, currently running OSX.4.11 at the moment, the information all over the place is getting confusing and doesnt work with this brazilpatch from online - what should I use and where should i go from here?

Backup the image onto the hard disk.. then what?

Thankyou for your help.

Cheers

AP

If you have an extra hard drive to play with and if your system has an intel chip and an intel chipset, you probably don't even have to use the brazilmac method. Just format your extra disk as guid format, make the partition active, add efi v8, find our guid disk id, mount your install dvd and then from terminal type:

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages (enter)

open osinstall.mpkg (enter)

Then, you will see the familiar pop-up window , choose guid partition disk and install.

You will have to add dsmos.kext and you'll probably want to add your gfx kext (like nvinject.kext etc) and repair permissions. The vanilla appleSMBIOS works fine for me, but some like to add a hacked version. Hope this helps a bit.

im not arguing the legality issue here, as im not a lawyer, but on a moral note, if you own the license, and are planning on hacking it yourself, why not just acquire a known working copy from the buckaneer hangout or tiny blown star? It would be the same thing both legally and morally.

If you have an extra hard drive to play with and if your system has an intel chip and an intel chipset, you probably don't even have to use the brazilmac method. Just format your extra disk as guid format, make the partition active, add efi v8, find our guid disk id, mount your install dvd and then from terminal type:

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ DVD/System/Installation/Packages (enter)

open osinstall.mpkg (enter)

Then, you will see the familiar pop-up window , choose guid partition disk and install.

You will have to add dsmos.kext and you'll probably want to add your gfx kext (like nvinject.kext etc) and repair permissions. The vanilla appleSMBIOS works fine for me, but some like to add a hacked version. Hope this helps a bit.

He is running Tiger now. In Tiger the package OSInstall.mpkg must be opened with Pacifist.

Tried following the instructions above came up with an msg -

"Open Failed

Couldn't open "OSInstall.mpkg".

Is it because I am using Tiger?

He is running Tiger now. In Tiger the package OSInstall.mpkg must be opened with Pacifist.

How do I install after I open with Pacifist?

Thanks & Cheers

AP