Acer Aspire 5103 WLMi

5 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

This is my first post here, so please dont flame me if my eitquette for this forum is a little off.

Basically I have installed 10.5.1 on my Acer Apsire 5103 WLMi, and its worked (kind of)

Its a work in progress and hopefully i'll have a little set of instructions by the end.

But I may need some help.

Firstly.

• Processor (Only 1 recognised): AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-52 - 1.6GHz (x2), up to 1.6GHz FSB, 2x512KB L2 Cache
  • RAM (Works): 1024MB DDR2-533MHz
  • Hard Drive (Works): 120 GB
  • Screen (Works): 15.4" TFT CrystalBrite (1200x800)
  • Optical Drive(Works Beautifully): DVD±RW Super Multi
  • Graphics (Not Working): ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 supporting 512MB HyperMemory
  • Wireless LAN(Not Working): Atheros AR5005G 802.11b/g

SO,

Any ideas on the processor,

the graphics, and wireless.

Also the keyboard and touchpad nay work. I tried the ApplePS2controller.kext, and it failed miserbaly, causing a reinstall (even after permissions)

cheers guys.

Acer Aspire 5540 here.

You might want to tell us which distrib you tried to install? Which drivers you tried on your video (and what is your video and what is the issue)

I'm running Tiger 10.4.10 and Wireless + Bluetooth don't work. I am using an external USB wifi (DLink). My main issue is the Callisto b003 drivers are the only ones that seem to make my laptop display work, and the aspect ratio is 4:3 but should be widescreen. I've searched this forum alot and reinstalled often with no success. I still use this laptop for work and media (iPhone and iPod) and said goodbye to my XP forever.

I will try Leopard eventually.

Ok so i fixed the boot prob, easy just turn off automatic login.. why? I dont know.

The keyboard works and touchpad after installing the appleps2controller.kext.

But the graphics are still screwing up. Ive tried the NatitX1300.kext but no luck.

BTW it is the Toh 10.5.1 amd sse2/sse3

My video is ati x1300 512 mb, i shall try the callisto stuff next.

• 2 weeks later...