Semi-Official Intel DP35DP board thread

AndrewNZ

75 posts in this topic

In case anyone else is trying to get the Intel DP35DP board working - I was able to make it work with 10.5.2 - had an existing install of Zephyroth on a PATA drive and was initially unable to get it to boot. I had read about the JMicron JMB361 being used with this board, but after visually inspecting the board, was unable to find the chip - some post mentioned that Marvell made an equivalent and I was able to locate the chip on the MB - it's the 88SE6101. After modifying the AppleVIAATA.kext, I was able to get it to boot from PATA.

Currently, onboard NIC + PATA are working. Haven't had a chance to work on sound yet.

Posting this in case any one else is looking for a solution and/or wondering whether the board is compatible.

---

MacOS 10.5.2

Intel DP35DP

Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz

TrendNet Gb LAN

On-board Gb LAN is functional

On-board Firewire is functional

On-board PATA is functional

[Edit] On-board sound is functional - Used patch for STAC9271D

Graphics: nVidia 7900

Thanks for your input.

This is basically a Tiger thread, however, like most here, I'll be giving Leopard a thrash in the future. When it's stable, is my mantra. I imagine there's a number of OSx86 users who will find that to be true right now, but not the majority I'll wager.

Cheers,

Andy.

Hello

Do you have reboot shutdown wake & sleep with this board ?

To get GUID partitions working i think you have to make it active like others Intel boards

See my tutorial about Intel DQ965gf wich is a very compatible board with Leopard

Intel DQ965gf installation

'Yes' to restart, shutdown, sleep and wake. See my sig for details on hardware.

Don't have Leopard yet so GUID is not on the agenda. To be fair, I'm not really that keen on upgrading to Leopard for my Mac yet either. As usual, I'll wait until the bugs are out before upgrading, usually around the time that the new point upgrade happens. (In other words, when 10.6.0 gets released).

And I'll probably do the OSx86 move to Leopard at the same time.

For me, 10.4.11 is totally reliable on both the Mac and PC so there's not one thing in Leopard that I covet enough to upgrade right now.

But that's just me, I expect. :blink:

Cheers,

Anyone have tried to run with the vanilla kernel on this board, because i have tried to install Kalyway With vanilla kernel with no success (any ideas)

Okay, this will actually be my very first ever post on any forum here. So, here goes. I am running the Intel DP35DP running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1. My specs are as follows:

Intel Q6600, GeForce 8800GTX, Intel DP35DP

I installed using the following settings:

Vanilla Kernel and Vanilla ACPI Fix

SSE2 System (since Core 2 supports SSE2)

NATIT-gfnvidia

BOOT_efi_guid

Everything works great! Except for my sound and lan. I've heard of the patch. Can you just simply make a data disc and import it into MAC OSX from there? And for LAN, any suggestions as to what type of ethernet card to get? Or known cards that work?

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, this will actually be my very first ever post on any forum here. So, here goes. I am running the Intel DP35DP running Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1. My specs are as follows:

NATIT-gfnvidia

BOOT_efi_guid

Everything works great! Except for my sound and lan. I've heard of the patch. Can you just simply make a data disc and import it into MAC OSX from there? And for LAN, any suggestions as to what type of ethernet card to get? Or known cards that work?

Hi, May I know what version of firmware you've now?

Because my does not boot after I installed as GUID, not even type the fdisk command that make the drive active.

I'll appreciate your help. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for this great guide! I now have a perfect OSX install. Just one question...has anyone figured out 5.1 surround sound yet?

Don't know if I have it working since I'm using a pretty basic 3 speaker system for audio. Stereo w/ subwoofer is definitely working, but 5.1 - I haven't a clue. Hopefully somebody else can answer for you.

Glad your OSx86 hackintosh is going well. :wacko:

Cheers,

Andy.

• 1 month later...

NATIT-gfnvidia

BOOT_efi_guid

I've exactly the same config but I keep on getting 'still waiting for root device'. I've tried to install with IDE-DVD-ROM, USB DVD-ROM and SATA DVD-ROM but no luck. Btw even am using Kalyway 10.5.1. Thnkx

Hi, May I know what version of firmware you've now?

Because my does not boot after I installed as GUID, not even type the fdisk command that make the drive active.

I'll appreciate your help. Thanks

Sorry I've taken so long in replying. I just now discovered I had a reply to my comment today. By firmware, are you referring to the graphics card firmware? or for the motherboard? For both, I have yet to do any firmware update, so they are as they originally were when they came out of the package and I've had them for about 6 months now. I'm about to try 10.5.2 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread and while it is a Tiger thread, I just wanted to let everybody know that Im currently running Kalayway 10.5.2 on this motherboard with quite good results. The only that that doesnt work is the onboard audio. Cant get it to work. The other thing that doesnt seem to be working properly is the Nvidia 8400 GS graphics card but this has nothing to do with the board. I mean, it works. I have a picture etc, but although I have a 24 inches 1920x1200 DVI monitor, the only resolution available is 1024x768 because no driver is installed. I just cant find a driver that works for it. Tried Punk92 and it didnt work. So All drivers I tried gave me a black screen.

But with the lower resolution and without audio, everything works great. No problems on boot, no crashes, internet works etc. For audio I will just buy a PCI audio card. For the video card I dont know. If I cant get the 8400 GS to work I will have to buy another one. What video card are you using with your Intel DP35DP? Thanks

• 1 month later...
Just found this thread and while it is a Tiger thread, I just wanted to let everybody know that Im currently running Kalayway 10.5.2 on this motherboard with quite good results. The only that that doesnt work is the onboard audio. Cant get it to work. The other thing that doesnt seem to be working properly is the Nvidia 8400 GS graphics card but this has nothing to do with the board. I mean, it works. I have a picture etc, but although I have a 24 inches 1920x1200 DVI monitor, the only resolution available is 1024x768 because no driver is installed. I just cant find a driver that works for it. Tried Punk92 and it didnt work. So All drivers I tried gave me a black screen.

But with the lower resolution and without audio, everything works great. No problems on boot, no crashes, internet works etc. For audio I will just buy a PCI audio card. For the video card I dont know. If I cant get the 8400 GS to work I will have to buy another one. What video card are you using with your Intel DP35DP? Thanks

I have a similar setup to yours

I am running 10.5.2 on the intel dp35dp, with a Nvidia 8400gs with 256, onboard audio, 500gb sata HD, 2gb RAM

For the audio I used 'Kext Helper' and downloaded the 'STAC9271D_0x83847627' kext files

For video I used the NVinject easy install, from their site, and I got my 8400gs to work

The only thing new I got for it was the ethernet card (I picked one up from microcenter -trendnet 100-pciwn )

It all worked fine for a couple days, then while I was listening to itunes, and browsing on firefox I got a kernel panic , and now my mac wont go past the power on apple screen. What could have been the thing that went wrong? what could I do to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey people.

I'm using the same board only my problem is it stucks on "still waiting for root device"

Can someone please help me? :unsure:

I've checked the compatability and everything is ok (not to sure bout the optical drive).

Opened the PC and plugged the HDDs SATA to port 1

"SATA Disk should be conected on the SATA 1 conector on the Mainboard"

using PHILIPS SPD6002T optical drive.

I really could use some help, I'm working on this for days and I'm desperate.

When i open EVEREST and look in the deviced it says NAME ATA but I'm sure the HDD is SATA :S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have now a system based on this board with Intel E6750, ATI X1600 card and a cheap Lan card.

Right now it has Leopard 10.5.4 installed (Originaly 10.5.2, than update to 10.5.3, 10.5.4 and the latest security patch) using efiv8 and original kernel.

Works quite stable since april or march this year.

Whish I knew a way to make sleep work.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys!!!

I just found this thread and need help from you all!

I already have Kalyway 10.5.2 installed on my DP35dp (SATA everything). Install was a breeze.

But I do need 10.4.8 or newer on this machine.

So I downloaded XxX 10.4.11 but got the "Still waiting..." msg.

Someone mentioned JAS 10.4.8 installing and working sucsessfully on a DP35dp with SATA HDDs and DVD.

Is this the "must go DISTRO"? Should I try something else?

Really looking foward for your help!

Thanks a lot!!!

In case anyone else is trying to get the Intel DP35DP board working - I was able to make it work with 10.5.2 - had an existing install of Zephyroth on a PATA drive and was initially unable to get it to boot. I had read about the JMicron JMB361 being used with this board, but after visually inspecting the board, was unable to find the chip - some post mentioned that Marvell made an equivalent and I was able to locate the chip on the MB - it's the 88SE6101. After modifying the AppleVIAATA.kext, I was able to get it to boot from PATA.

Currently, onboard NIC + PATA are working. Haven't had a chance to work on sound yet.

Posting this in case any one else is looking for a solution and/or wondering whether the board is compatible.

Attention: Kronoid

did u really get the onboard intel gigabit lan controller to work? will u share how u got it to work?

+ + +

for those who have geforce8xxx cards, u may try efi studio. this works w/ leopard but not pretty sure if it works w/ tiger. might be worth a try.

EFIStudio.app.zip

MACinized... did you ever install 10.4.x?

By the way...

When booting with AHCI I get the msg : System Config File '/com.apple.Boot.plist´ Not Found

yeah. about a little more than a year ago. now i'm playing with having a retail leopard install - freshly vanilla.

can't remember anymore but maybe it depends on the osx86 dvd release you're using. with a retail leopard dvd installer, sata should be set as ahci. it won't work w/ ide.

Greetings,

I got a problem, i own a DP35DP MB with the IATKOS 1.0

the problem is i have 6 SATA HDs plugged on it, but only 4 of them work at any given time

the last 2 HDs wont boot no matter what i try, does anyone here can shed some light on it

(both the 5th and the eSATA won t boot.)

Also when i use the GUID partition system it won[t boot, only boots in MBR, can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have success with iAtkos 5i

Intel DP35DP

Core 2 Duo 2.53 ghz

2 GB RAM 800 mhz

SATA HDD

SATA DVD

Nvidia 7800 GT

Wifi Compact Wireless G USB Adapter

it works perfectly Leopard 10.5.5 super fast and stable

see specs of my computer in my signature. installed retail leopard 10.5.4 then updated direct from apple website & now running 10.5.6. :)

Hello MACinized

i have almost same config that you have intel dp35dp , i have try to install leopard retail 10.5.1 with boot 132 and i have failed, but right now i am using leopard 10.5.5 with the iatkos 5i dvd install, i want to ask you something, i have 2 problems, number one is that if i update to 10.5.6 my timemachine stop working and i think is becasue the dsdt, the other thing is i am using nvdarwin for nvidio 7800 gt 256 and i have the OHS.kext for the restart shutdown problem but my computer wont shutdown,

what recomendations can you gave me all my hardware is working perfectly only the shutdown issue for now i can stay on 10.5.5 but actually will be great if i can install retail

thanks in advance