Mac Book Pro... Doesn't work...

jake123

6 posts in this topic

i tried to turn on my MBP, I'm pretty sure I sleeped it last time I used it.. anyways, I hear the hard drive thinking, the screen is black (not even a backlight is on)... i hit the cab'slock key and the light doesnt go on, I tried connecting it to an external screen, but that didn't work... I have no idea what is wrong or what to do... Also The light on the button to open the lid (I think the sleep light) remains on.... Any Ideas?

I have taken out the battery done a hard restart... but nothing works... Still the same symptoms.

I'm pissed right now, because the warrrenty expired last week.

Thanks

i tried to turn on my MBP, I'm pretty sure I sleeped it last time I used it.. anyways, I hear the hard drive thinking, the screen is black (not even a backlight is on)... i hit the cab'slock key and the light doesnt go on, I tried connecting it to an external screen, but that didn't work... I have no idea what is wrong or what to do... Also The light on the button to open the lid (I think the sleep light) remains on.... Any Ideas?

I have taken out the battery done a hard restart... but nothing works... Still the same symptoms.

I'm pissed right now, because the warrrenty expired last week.

Thanks

If your warranty expired last week, I'd give apple a call ASAP. I don't know about apple personally(I just made the switch), but most places will honor the warranty if its only a short time after its expired. (I think a week is short enough, given the fact that you probably spent a great deal of money on your MBP... it'd be a real shame if they turned you away)

Good Luck!

The same thing happened with my brother's macbook and when he sent it in they said that it was a cracked screen and it wasn't covered by the warranty. I really hope that's not your problem.

Have you taken it into be seen by a mac genius at the mac bar.

The same thing happened with my brother's macbook and when he sent it in they said that it was a cracked screen and it wasn't covered by the warranty. I really hope that's not your problem.

Have you taken it into be seen by a mac genius at the mac bar.

I guess it was because i didnt get the latest EFI update... apple charged 90 bucks for level one support ;)