InsanelyMac Forum
  • Announcements

• Allan

Solution to create a topic or post.   04/24/2018

Hello guys. The majority of you are having issues to create a topic or post here. This are a problem with our current theme InsanelyMac.  Now the theme will be the Default IPS. Sorry for any inconvenience.
cmaus@mac.com

Is Mac OS X 10.1, 10.2 or 10.3 somewhere out there?

Hey guys, I'm just asking if you can tell me where to find those old Mac OS X 10.1, 10.2, or even 10.3 images.

Want to test them...OSX Public Beta won't boot in PearPC for some reason... :-/

Advertisement

You can easily make images if you have copies of the OS(es). I don't recommend it as it is mean to Apple but you can also get images from T-O-R-R-E-N-T.

I downloaded the 3 Panther disc iso's for no good reason from...umm...the Captain Hook *cough* Lagoon. I don't know why, it's not like Windows could read them anyway, so I threw them on a backup DVD

Windows can READ them alright, it just doesn't make any sense to Windows unless you have MacDrive. You can mount the ISOs in PearPC and they will read just fine.

Hey guys, I'm just asking if you can tell me where to find those old Mac OS X 10.1, 10.2, or even 10.3 images.

Want to test them...OSX Public Beta won't boot in PearPC for some reason... :-/

If I remember correctly, OS X Public Beta expired, and even still, PearPC generally doesn't like anything under 10.1 (NB--I did get Server 1.x to briefly boot, then it died--never could get it back). So I would say for best results, see about getting 10.1.

I may have an old copy of Jaguar laying around--I'll check around.

Do you just wanna se what leopard is set upon? There is nothing good about running a mundane OS.

And i would not recommend running Cheetah... will all know what happened there...

Think Mark

I have Mac OS X 10.0.3 on my iMac G3. It's... interesting to say the least.

You'd struggle to find that anywhere. I've seen Puma and Cheetah lying around, have a search around google. They are usually found by their big cat names.

I have PPC install discs for 8.1, 8.6, 9.2.1, 10.0.4, and 10.3. And I have OSx86 install discs for 10.4.8, 10.4.9, 10.4.10, and 10.5.1. Sorry, just have to show my collection ;)

I've got Claris works from '93, still in its original envelope and containing floppy disks. How time does go by.