Dual-Boot Vista/Tiger [Acronis OS Selector]

VoeN

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'v got a slight problem, i'v been trying to dual boot using Acronis. However, the OS Selector does not recognize Windows Vista nor Mac OS X 10.4.8. Anyone got any ideas? I'v searched and tried didn't get anyware just made me format my hardisk more then 6 times. Apreciate insults/answers/etc.. thanks ;)

Oh impatient one, you need a version of Arconis that supports Vista. Perhaps you use one that doesn't?

I made sure that i found a Vista compatible installer, the others don't even install. :) Thanks for the reply though, it could be that the OS Selector is a diffrent version, although it came with the Disk Director, ill check that and post back. However, that doesn't explain why Mac OS X 10.4.8 doesn't show up in the boot either. :huh:

Cheers,

SaiN

AOSS from DiskDirector 10.0.2160 should be able to detect Vista. If it doesn't, consult the Acronis Disk Director User Forum.

If you have an older version, consult the following tutorial I made more than a year ago.

Alternatively, you could try just using the darwin bootloader to dual-boot: easier, faster, simpler, although not as good looking.

Another alternative is to use EasyBCD for Vista.

• 1 month later...