"You need to restart your computer"

qontrolfreak

4 posts in this topic

Well, things installed somehow. I did get that MACH Reboot error afterwards and had to manually reboot and after that it loaded up to the gray screen. Every time after loading for a while I get this "You need to reboot your computer" notification.

And I've rebooted 3 times both by holding te power button and by restart button and I get the same exact results. Any ideas on how to get around to getting OSX to work?

I installed JaS 10.4.8 on an Intel Core2Duo 2.4 Conroe, OC'ed to 2.8 through BIOS.

I have an Asus P5N-E SLI mobo with 2gb ram, installed on a Maxtor IDE 160gb HDD.

Pleaseeee help! Been slaving away at this for the past week and finally got it to boot now I'm stuck with this.

spam F8 before it starts booting like you're tryin to get into the WinXP safe mode menu, then boot with -v

this will let you see the error causing it to crash, and work from there. i'm on a similar setup same release with a ATI x1950GT 512mb vid card, i had to delete Geforce.kext to get it past a kernel panic. it booted once and let me fill out my name and stuff after that, everything worked but ethernet. booted into it the next day and im stuck at a blue background, mouse is there and moves so its not locked up...can't get past that. tried -x for safe mode no luck there. im pissed cuz i got the one glimpse of a working OSX install and then bam, this happens. no error msg to reference it seems as even when i use -v it still sticks on the blue screen, nothing else but the mouse on it. anyone got any ideas?

Minion I have same mobo and similar problems, I can get through installation but it jams on going to the desktop as soon as the dock is half on the screen.

Trouble is I can't find any log to see what is causing the problem.

edit : though updating bios to most recent seemed to cure some kernel panics