OS X Leopard (10.5) ToH not Detecting Sata Drives why?

maghush

8 posts in this topic

OS X Leopard (10.5) ToH is not Detecting Sata Drives why???

120gb sata

e6750 intel

2 gb ram

xp disconected

fire wire

ethernet

ga-p35-s3 mobo

Hey every on I have no spent bloody ages trying to get my sata hard drive to be detected my the mac osx tools to format it into the right format for the install.I have tried fat32,ntfs pre formated hard drives and also raw hard drives all sata but no not them will be detected by the disk utility i am totally lost and don't know where from here can any one help me or tell me where to get help???please :D:(:(

Have you tried opening up system profiler and see if your hard drive is recognized? if it doesent show up in system profiler then it wont show up in disk utilities.

If it is recognized in system profiler then the hard drive would show up in disk utilities whether you format it fat32,fat33, fat34, etc or ntfs, or not at all.

Also on some motherboards some sata ports are not recognized in osx, they are unusable, so if system profiler doesn't recognize the drive try to plug it into a different port. This is most likely the case and dont feel bad because this problem effects many people including me. Oh yea and if none of your ports work and you might want to go into your bios and enable or disable ahci and native mode. Its all trial and error so good luck.

hey ever one thanks for the good ideas ill try them all at present the sata 120g hd i have has 2 fat32 partitions and one raw ill try the achi mode and native ill also try the purple sata plugs instead of the usual orange windows sata plugs once i have don't that ill check back thanks for all the help so far i am determined to make this work also one it works and i p[lug my win xp hd back in and just dual boot like that?? also has any one else come across this detecting sata drives problem before for the mac os x toh???

• 2 weeks later...

hi every one thanks for all your help again the install and hard drive detection worked all fine this time and i got the leopard all installed fine one problem when it restarts after install its looks like its starting all fine then weird writing starts scrolling down the screen and it gets blacked out by a message that says the restart you computer so i restart and the same message just keeps coming up i even reinstalled the whole osx and the problem remains what do i do????