Opera Files Antitrust Suit Against Microsoft

SDRacer48

27 posts in this topic

I'm not a MS fan but these lawsuits are plain RIDICULOUS. Its Microsoft's operating system and they can do whatever they want for it. Its not like Netscape or Opera owns part of the company and they have no right to control Microsoft's actions on what it does with its software. If they want to control an operating system, they have to make an OS themselves. Companies who file these kinds of lawsuits don't seem to have a drop of logic in them.

For example, lets say I made a computer brand and for my line of computers, I use Intel CPUs and then AMD sues me for not using their stuff. Thats basically what this is like. All the companies are trying to get a piece of Microsoft and they are trying to slowly bit by bit break Microsoft's software integration and then let their software move in.

The issue is more about market dominance than IE itself.

MS can essentially shape the Internet with changes to their browser and this does give them a distinct advantage.

You can blame web designers, but they're only catering the the majority of the web browsers.

Sure some of these lawsuits are ridiculous but all these companies whether MS, Apple, Intel would all do the same if not kept in check. They don't really care about consumers and only care about the $$$. The average user isn't informed enough or smart enough to understand the implications.

The Internet should be autonomous, how it was originally envisioned, but it isn't and a big part of that is due to MS products.

Edit:

Opera accuses Microsoft of harming competition in the browser space by producing a browser that's not standards compliant and illegally monopolizing the market by bundling IE with Windows.
The issue is the inclusion of a non-standard browser, just not that's it's their browser.