move apps between spaces

lord xeon

4 posts in this topic

i'm famirlar with the spaces concept from various versions of linux i've used over the years, one thing i found very useful from there was that if i had alot of windows open, i could right click on each one, and move it to another desktop (space). so far, i have yet to find this feature in Leopard. (now i have just gotten my leopard install working, so maybe i just havent looked hard enough)

I have found that you can tie certain apps to certain spaces, that's good and all, but not exactly what i want.

Is there any way i can do what i want?

If you zoom out and view all your spaces at once, you can click and drag individual windows between them.

You can also click and hold the mouse on the window, and hit Ctrl+Arrow key while also holding the mouse button. Kinda cumbersome, but it works. And you can customize the shortcuts in System Preferences.

If you zoom out and view all your spaces at once, you can click and drag individual windows between them.

You can also click and hold the mouse on the window, and hit Ctrl+Arrow key while also holding the mouse button. Kinda cumbersome, but it works. And you can customize the shortcuts in System Preferences.

ah, thankyou, that is exactly what i want.

i probably would have figured out the drag between spaces myself if i didn't get rid of the spaces icon from the dock (takes up space i think)

but i may put it back to make this easier

i never would have figured out the mouse thing though (is that doccumented somewhere?)

anyway, this is what i wanted to know, thanks a million!