Un-explainable Boot Problem

agent-squirrel

8 posts in this topic

I have a laptop (Acer Aspire 5720) with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon X64 installed.

Leopard Boots fine in safe mode however it seems to just stop during a standard boot and from what i can gather, for no reason!

I have attached an image of the screen.

If it helps my system boots grub first then i have chain loaded a Mac OS X entry to the Partition containing the Darwin bootloader.

post-161936-1197427115_thumb.jpg

That is rather odd as it has an Intel GMA x3100 which as far as i know is officiolly supported under leopard.

And with respect to the acpi the laptop's bios is next to useless there are no power managment options.

EDIT:Found out that support for the x3100 is poor on laptops. Works on external display with the -f switch.

• 1 month later...

hi, i'm new to osx86 an i need a little help.i am trying to install a fresh osx an my Aspire 5720 and i had the same problem as squirrel, only mine hangs at "fRegisters at 0x20..." (see squirrel's screenshot) so i booted with -f using an external display and it worked but the image is all scrambled, i can't make out anything. can anyone help please

i have an aspire 5720z

core duo 1.4

ddr2 2048

X3100

help please