TOH DVD... system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found

lowriders715

7 posts in this topic

I have tried everything but i still get this error: system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found even when booting from an usb dvd! and i tried F8 with -v -x and -v and -x and ? ... but still NO GO! WHY? I HAVE AN ABIT IP35-E... IDE SPARE HD, SATA HD WITH VISTA... USB DVD DRIVE... AND Q6600 PROCESSER!

99% this might be your problem¨

When you did your DVd you made it on a Pc or burning software that only saw the ISO side of the DVD! hence it boots but can't find the HFS partition!

If done on a PC you need something like MagicISO, PowerISO to combine these two partitions and write the on a DVD the it will boot from the ISO and the boot file will refer to the HFS partition and VIOLA! it works!!

SticMAN

I have tried everything but i still get this error: system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist not found even when booting from an usb dvd! and i tried F8 with -v -x and -v and -x and ? ... but still NO GO! WHY? I HAVE AN ABIT IP35-E... IDE SPARE HD, SATA HD WITH VISTA... USB DVD DRIVE... AND Q6600 PROCESSER!

i used ultraiso to burn the dvd again... for the fourth time with different software but same burner... but i still get the same messsage.... remember i have an ABIT-Ip35 e and i have the blank ide hard drive to install to as well as a sata hd but that is off limits for vista only... also i have a ide-usb enclocsed dvd drive that iwant to install from... also i do have micron!

• 2 weeks later...
99% this might be your problem¨

When you did your DVd you made it on a Pc or burning software that only saw the ISO side of the DVD! hence it boots but can't find the HFS partition!

If done on a PC you need something like MagicISO, PowerISO to combine these two partitions and write the on a DVD the it will boot from the ISO and the boot file will refer to the HFS partition and VIOLA! it works!!

SticMAN

What does this mean?