Firewire not recognized

plprado

6 posts in this topic

My Leopard install doesn´t recognize any firewire or USB unless I plug it in (and turn it on, when that´s the case) before booting up the system. Things get recognized during boot. However if I turn it off (or unplug) and want to turn it on again without rebooting then it won´t be recognized again.

In the end, things work, but this is very annoying. Anyone has a clue on how I could fix this? Like, wich kext in Leopard is associated with firewire and usb recognition, so I could try replacing it or something.

Thanks in advance!

BTW: THat won't help w/ firewire (obviously).. only thing I could suggest there is trying older 10.4.8 drivers as I recall loosing firewire on my i975X somewhere around 10.4.10

**EDIT:

PS: The older PCGenUSBEHCI 2.5.6a works on my Leo install, the actual Leo release of PCGenUSBEHCI does *not* work

BTW: THat won't help w/ firewire (obviously).. only thing I could suggest there is trying older 10.4.8 drivers as I recall loosing firewire on my i975X somewhere around 10.4.10

**EDIT:

PS: The older PCGenUSBEHCI 2.5.6a works on my Leo install, the actual Leo release of PCGenUSBEHCI does *not* work

Actual release didn´t work in mine also. So i guess I´m gonna try this 2.5.6a version.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...
Actual release didn´t work in mine also. So i guess I´m gonna try this 2.5.6a version.

Thanks again.

but remember when downloading the 2.5.6. release of the PCgenUSBEHCI.kext that you download and install the older IOUSBFamily.kext from Apple´s site prior to copying the PCgenUSBEHCI.kext to Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins as the 3.0.3 version will *not* work with the 2.5.6 version of the PC....kext.

...pace out