Dual Boot Xp and Vista, How do I go back to Vista

Agon

5 posts in this topic

I dual booted Vista and Xp but I like Vista better and would like to go back and do not know how. I tried doing run diskpart and make the vista partition active but for some reason that didn't work. I then tried OS Selector but it couldn't see the Vista Partition. So I'm stuck on Xp anything else I can do to go back to Vista, the partition is still there cuz I can go in it with Xp and copy my music library to my dekstop but for som reason I just can't boot into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you wanting to get rid of XP all together and just keep Vista or dual boot both. I didn't quite understand. If dual booting VistaBootPro does work very nicely and its free. You might need to copy your NTDETECT and NTLDR from your XP I386 folder on your XP CD to your Vista:\directory. That way when dual booting from the Vista bootscreen it will recognize XP and allow the OS to boot. If your just wanting Vista then whats the problem getting it to boot. I might recommend you getting Acronis Disk Director Suite and Acronis True Image software. My favorites and extremely usefull in messing around with OS's..