MBP AC Power without charging Battery?

xplizid

4 posts in this topic

Just curious if there is a way to configure the battery to not be used while plugged into AC power. I doubt it but i hate having it pulled out and or having it charged at 100% as that can not be good for it. or maybe an app that allows to stop charging at a certain interval? This is not only my first mac but my first laptop as well so I am concerned on how to get the most life out of it.

Once the battery hits 100%, it stops charging.

If you look at the icon in the menu bar, it changes from a battery with a lightning bolt (charging) to a battery with a plug icon (charged, running on AC).

It doesn't keep feeding power into the battery once it's at 100%; computers are smart enough (figuratively speaking) to know not to do that.

It's actually better for it to be fully charged and then completely discharged later. But really, don't lose much sleep over it. The fact is that eventually the battery will go bad; what you do (except in extreme cases like throwing it in a fire) won't have a significant impact on how long that takes. Just enjoy it! :thumbsup_anim: