Need help to get my Leopard fully functional

Markelecguitar

4 posts in this topic

I have at the present time a working Leopard install on my Dell Precision M65

I do however have problems which i need to fix to allow me to fully enjoy leopard

I install leopard with the ToH RC2 dvd just incase anyone was wondering

Specs:

Processor: Intel core duo (i have it working but i have the boot option cpus=1, is it possible to use both cores if i install the EFI patch or something else)

Graphics: Nvidia Quadro FX 350M (I need to enable quartz extreme if possible, can this be done with nvinject?)

Wireless: Intel 3945ABG wireless (i'm aware it isn't supported)

Ethernet: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller (can this ethernet be used?)

Audio: Now sorted

I really need help to sort out these final problems so i can enjoy leopard at its best

You're going to need to tackle your issues one by one unless you can find someone else w/ the same notebook (check HCLs, search model number, etc):

Processor: Intel core duo (i have it working but i have the boot option cpus=1, is it possible to use both cores if i install the EFI patch or something else)

--> Yes often trying a different kernel will work (you will need EFI to try vanilla kernels)

Graphics: Nvidia Quadro FX 350M (I need to enable quartz extreme if possible, can this be done with nvinject?)

--> Should work w/ NVinject (I think the mobility chips may use NVGoinject or something like that instead)

Ethernet: Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller (can this ethernet be used?)

--> hundreds of threads on getting BCM 57XX working.. some require patching the 5701 driver (hex editing) as well as the plists

Thanks so much, that majority of my problems were due to not knowing the abbreviations

for example it thought the BCM 57XX was not the broadcom NetXtreme,

Appreciate all your help

If anyone could give anymore infor on any of the problems particularly the graphics and the core duo, please do