Broadcom 57xx giving "Unknown State"

Antonius138

3 posts in this topic

I think I am finnally making progress on getting my onboard Ethernet to work on my Dell Latitude D820. I have Leopard 10.5.0 running EFI. After making some tweaks to the files I finally get a little bit of a change in status. it now states "Unknown State" and has an amber light. If I switch it to Manually and enter in a static IP I get "Connected" and the green light, but no internet access and if I hit "Network Diagnostics" the Network Status for Ethernet is listed as Failed with a red light.

Anyone encounter this? I was wondering if I didnt tweak the file enough or in the right spot.

Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

• 2 weeks later...
I think I am finnally making progress on getting my onboard Ethernet to work on my Dell Latitude D820. I have Leopard 10.5.0 running EFI. After making some tweaks to the files I finally get a little bit of a change in status. it now states "Unknown State" and has an amber light. If I switch it to Manually and enter in a static IP I get "Connected" and the green light, but no internet access and if I hit "Network Diagnostics" the Network Status for Ethernet is listed as Failed with a red light.

Anyone encounter this? I was wondering if I didnt tweak the file enough or in the right spot.

Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks,

Anthony

When you say tweaks, do you mean to use the broadcom patch and put it in the IONetworkingFamily.kext? I'm trying to get it working on mine also. Hopefully I can get this to work. It worked with my old Tiger 10.4.8. I can't use the same kext with Leo.