will this cpu work w/ leopard and the efi emulator?

DanB91

7 posts in this topic

I know i made a thread about a mobo but i believe this should have a separate thread.

originally, i was going to get a pentium 4 HT. then i found the Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819116037

it turns out people have OC'ed it to 3ghz!

so i was looking under the wiki and didnt see this processor. i assume that this will work b/c its based off the core 2 duo (or core duo, im not too sure), but i wanted to check the boards first. Also since it is a core duo variant will the EFI emulator work w/ this processor? and if i OC it, OS X will pick it up right?

thank u very much

I know i made a thread about a mobo but i believe this should have a separate thread.

originally, i was going to get a pentium 4 HT. then i found the Pentium Dual Core 1.6 ghz

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819116037

it turns out people have OC'ed it to 3ghz!

so i was looking under the wiki and didnt see this processor. i assume that this will work b/c its based off the core 2 duo (or core duo, im not too sure), but i wanted to check the boards first. Also since it is a core duo variant will the EFI emulator work w/ this processor? and if i OC it, OS X will pick it up right?

thank u very much

Yes it will. in all essence it is a core duo, just has 1mb less of L2 cache.

Are you sure? I have a pentium D (Pressler family) 3.2 and it won't work with EFI and vanilla kernel.........it works with vanilla kexts, but not kernel. I've read many people with PD's also can't get vanilla kernel to work.

i have the same processor, just a mobile version, and i read about it and it is a core duo intel just used the dual core name. and it has 1 mb less of the L2 cache.