Darwin Boot-Loader reboots after loading all the kexts

Ichixgo

16 posts in this topic

hey guys,

I've got a problem installing Leopard on my PC (Config: Core2Duo E6750 @ normal Speed; 2GB DDR2 667Mhz; ASUS P5N-E SLI Socket 775 - nForce 650SLI; MSI NX8600GTS). Everytime I try to boot from the patched DVD the DarwinBootLoader loads all the kexts. But after it has finished loading there is the line "Darwin starts" or something in that way it disappeared to quickly so i weren't able to see the exactly sentence. But after this line I see the grey Applescreen for about 1 sec but after this my PC reboots. I tried it already 20 times but it hasn't worked till now. I also tried it with another DVD it is an already prepatched DVD and also with a selfpatched DVD I patched on my iBook G3 but it hasn't worked as well.

I hope for your help

Yours sincerely

Ichigo

P.S.: If theres a need to I could also write down my problem in german if this is going to help. ^^

I would check to make sure you patched the dvd correctly if you did it yourself, and i would make sure that when you burned it, that it passed verification. Also if you have an extra partition you could try to restore it to that and boot from it, that worked for me :angel:.

thanks for your reply but i think my patched one should work cause i patched it with the brazilmacpatcher (latest version) and had no errors and i made it from an original dvd. so there is no chance of having a bad img i think ^^ or at least i hope so :) but i burned them with verify on nearly lowest speed on a brand new dvdburner :D and had no errors.

i also searched the forum for already similar post but only found one in the tiger section in which it is said that you have to deactivate s.m.a.r.t and put your hdd and dvd-rom on the same bus. hdd as master and dvd as slave.

i also searched the forum for already similar post but only found one in the tiger section in which it is said that you have to deactivate s.m.a.r.t and put your hdd and dvd-rom on the same bus. hdd as master and dvd as slave.

Yeah i would try that and see what you get. Also if your HD is a sata you might want to change in your bios to AHCI mode for your sata config for more compatibility. And make sure your not using J-micron controllers either for your sata (black ones) use the red ones and make sure you turn your jmicron off. Again if your using sata.

Tiger is a Mac OS X too, so I think problem is exactly the same :)

For example I have the same problem on my Tiger, from version 10.4.8 ( now on 10.4.10 ), with many kernels...

But... Reboots seems to be totally random, so I can finally boot system, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a series of reboots.

I have completely no idea why it's happen.

My specs:

AMD A64 3500+

VIA K8T890 chipset.

IDE drive. DVD connected as a slave.

Tiger is a Mac OS X too, so I think problem is exactly the same :)

For example I have the same problem on my Tiger, from version 10.4.8 ( now on 10.4.10 ), with many kernels...

But... Reboots seems to be totally random, so I can finally boot system, sometimes immediately, sometimes after a series of reboots.

I have completely no idea why it's happen.

My specs:

AMD A64 3500+

VIA K8T890 chipset.

IDE drive. DVD connected as a slave.

hm it sounds like your already installed the system my problem is i cant even get into the installer >.<

Have you tried in -v verbose mode. When you're saying that the grey apple screen comes up. That is giving my the idea that you didn't boot in verbose mode. Like for my computer, I need to halt one core and run in -v. So my boot script says, "cpus=1 -v"

i tried both with verbose mode and without yeah i think i wrote this misunderstanding the grey apple screen only appears in non verbose mode but in both ways i'm not able to get any further then the end of the kexts loading but i will try the thing with just using 1 kernel ^^ thanks will soon post my result but pls write down other explanations and suggestions maybe theres another way to result in an working installation

Ichixgo ( post #7 ): Yes, but as I said - those reboots are random, I can boot system after a few reboots - and the same thing is happen with installer on DVD :) I think you don't have enough luck to boot it, maybe you can try a few more times ?

-v mode can't help ( at least on my system ), because reboot is just after kexts loading stage.

Ichixgo ( post #7 ): Yes, but as I said - those reboots are random, I can boot system after a few reboots - and the same thing is happen with installer on DVD :) I think you don't have enough luck to boot it, maybe you can try a few more times ?

-v mode can't help ( at least on my system ), because reboot is just after kexts loading stage.

oh i see but i already tried it about 20 times :) and in generally i'm a guy with luck on my side so if its a question of luck i think it should have already worked ;)

but thanks

Have you tried tiger yet? I would try tiger and at least see if that works, Its probably your ide drives is whats causin the problem, cuz i have an ide drive to and an asus and know the ide works in tiger but not for leopard for me.

hm thanks for the tip cause everything else mentioned here befor did not work.... i tried everything several times during the last hours but nothing..

maybe the next day or so i'll go an buy a new hdd cause i need one anyway and so i'm going to try it with a new sata drive ^^

• 11 months later...