Leopard for OSX86 Preconfigured Download Link

Panarchy

13 posts in this topic

Hello!

Here is the torrent link: [No trorrent links]

image001es1.jpg

Step 1:

Now the first step is to, of course, download the attatched torrent. I and a couple of other friends will be seeding 24/7.

Step 2:

Burn it to a DVD-R.

Step 3:

Boot up from the DVD. Please be patient as this takes a while.

Step 4:

Look in awe at the LEOPARD INSTALLER!!!!! Cool, aint it?

Now, select your language. It'll say "Preparing Installation..."

Step 5:

Once it says "WELCOME" a menubar will appear at the top. Select Utilities -> Disk Utility. Then find your harddrive. Format it to MAC OS X (Journaled). Then make a partition named "Leopard" and format it to MAC OS X (Journaled) as well.

Step 6:

Press Start + Q. (This is same as Apple-Q or Command-Q)

This will exit Disk Utility.

Now press Utilities -> Terminal. Type the following:

cd /

cd /usr/misc

./script.sh Leopard

Note this will only work if you made a PARTITION named Leopard. If you followed the instructions exactly thus far, you should be fine.

It'll do a whole bunch of stuff and at the end it should say "Done."

That means it is Done. (No kidding, huh?)

Step 7:

INSTALL LEOPARD!! WAHOO!!

Select Next, Select your Hard Drive, Select Customize and Deselect ALL PACKAGES. Then press Next. The installation should take about 15-10 minutes.

Step 8:

It will restart and when it prompts you to press a key to install Mac OS X, DONT!!! Wait until the counter goes down to 0. It will load Mac OS X!

Step 9:

Do the victory dance!!

Congratulations! You've done it! Enjoy!

Panarchy

FWIW, this is TOH RC2.

The DVD booted and installed on my system, but the resulting install won't boot. The EFI script assumes you are using a blank drive. Mine isn't, it has Vista on it also. I had to re-install the MBR boot loader to get back into my machine.

OK, I got this installed and working. It is ToH with a different name. See the ToH topic, but basically the easiest way to go is to install some other version first, then use this to do an upgrade. I couldn't get it to boot until I did it this way.

And no, it is NOT "ToH with EFI included". It is just ToH renamed.