HP Laptop 8230 Leopard 10.5 install

Donw35

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

if you have an HP 8230 and have Leopard working well I would like to here from you.

I have one and installed the ToH Leopard DVD 9A581 RC2

Did the system profiler fix

Wireless works right from the install

Sound works right from the install

USB works right from the install

Turned off power management

No wired network

No ATI Mobility X600 drivers

Cannot play DVD's

Don't know if the modem works but I don't use it anyway

I am looking for help with the ATI X600 driver issue

Other then that the laptop is working well and I am able to do internet and print so having the ATI driver would make this a working machine that I could use more.

My next steps are to getting MS Office working, Lotus Notes email (work) and AntiVirus software (work requirement) and sync my HTC wizzard phone.

• 1 month later...

Were you able to get the ATI card working? I have a hp 8230 and tried with the kalyway image with no luck. It installed but just got a grey screen with random lines moving all around.

Hello,

if you have an HP 8230 and have Leopard working well I would like to here from you.

I have one and installed the ToH Leopard DVD 9A581 RC2

Did the system profiler fix

Wireless works right from the install

Sound works right from the install

USB works right from the install

Turned off power management

No wired network

No ATI Mobility X600 drivers

Cannot play DVD's

Don't know if the modem works but I don't use it anyway

I am looking for help with the ATI X600 driver issue

Other then that the laptop is working well and I am able to do internet and print so having the ATI driver would make this a working machine that I could use more.

My next steps are to getting MS Office working, Lotus Notes email (work) and AntiVirus software (work requirement) and sync my HTC wizzard phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Were you able to get the ATI card working? I have a hp 8230 and tried with the kalyway image with no luck. It installed but just got a grey screen with random lines moving all around.

Do not select any video driver while installing, and you'll get 1024x768 on x600. Then just change resolution to 1280x900x32@75 in com.apple.Boot.plist. Do NOT select anything of ati x1xxx or something, it will hang the machine. Just set resolution manually. Before loading press F8, type "-s" in bootloader to boot in single mode, then type:

/sbin/mount -uw /
nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

insert lines:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280×900×32@75</string>

save, and type "reboot". Pay attention to @75 - it's a refresh frequency, I suspect it's wrong by default. I have nx8220 (it's exactly the same as yours) and I've got everything worked except video acceleration (I'm starting to beleive that there's no way to get it on x600 and Leopard 10.5.1). Btw, I've got network (broadcom nextreme) working just after install, maybe because I use DHCP on server.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

hey i am using ideneb 10.5.7 (i will update to ideneb 10.5.8 using the upgrade kit) and i am hackintoshing my sister's HP compaq nc8230 and i can't get the power to work properly with voodoo power controller (has not tried other) and cannot get my resolution of 1280x800 i am stuck at 1024x768 which is very annoying

• 1 month later...