geforce 7600gt leopard

dockuttu

15 posts in this topic

Hey xfidelity, have you had any problems with the ToH 9.1.0 kernel? Not sure how much you use your machine, but I seem to be having issues with it that I didnt with my older Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 kernel. Curiousity killed that cat right?

Lol, just wondering

NVinject does not work with a 7600gt, it crashes then gives a bluescreen. Titan is the only thing that has worked for me. Titan crashes at startup but instead of going to a permanent bluescreen it only goes to a bluescreen briefly and then comes back. It also crashes during the Shell and Arabesque screen savers.

Its not perfect but it works if you stay away from those 2 screensavers.

The support for 7600gt's seems to be pathetic for leopard.

Does your mouse cursor have a shadow under it? And can you run the Shell screensaver for a couple minutes without it crashing to a bluescreen?

I can get nvinject to work for a little while and sometimes "forever" after booting but eventually it ends up with a BSOD, and it has never had the correct mouse cursor with a shadow under it.

I'm not quite sure why most (not all) are suggesting NVINJECT, I have a 7800gt, which is similar to a 7600gt, and it works just fine with Natit, specifically the Diabolik installer. I have full qe/ci running dual displays with full rotation in Leopard.

NVINJECT may work, I am not sure, but natit and or titan should work just fine for full acceleration.

Hey xfidelity, have you had any problems with the ToH 9.1.0 kernel? Not sure how much you use your machine, but I seem to be having issues with it that I didnt with my older Uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 kernel. Curiousity killed that cat right?Lol, just wondering
dont have any problems running the 9.1.0 kernel for now. still have QE/CI support
NVinject does not work with a 7600gt, it crashes then gives a bluescreen. Titan is the only thing that has worked for me. Titan crashes at startup but instead of going to a permanent bluescreen it only goes to a bluescreen briefly and then comes back. It also crashes during the Shell and Arabesque screen savers.Its not perfect but it works if you stay away from those 2 screensavers.The support for 7600gt's seems to be pathetic for leopard.
no problem running 7600GT with leopard and nvinject.

Hi,

I followed the above guide

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=69855

Downloaded all the files and copied Nvinject and Leo to System/Library/Extensions and changed graphics card ID in 3 of the files.

Booted in -f -v -legacy and it worked. Let me know if you want anymore details but i guess the above guide is great.

Dockuttu

I tried that a long time ago and it didnt affect anything. It boots like usual but after awhile (especially if I use the dock) it will crash and give a BSOD. Titan does the same thing but the BSOD only lasts like a second and then its back to the desktop.

and just so you know -legacy doesnt do anything for graphics, it makes the computer run in 32bit mode, its to fix kernel panics for people that cant boot with 64bit. -f only has to be used once after changing kexts. -v does nothing other than show you all the kexts being loaded instead of the grey boot screen. You dont have to use those tags.