L2 Cache: 2 MB

Memory: 2 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

And here is my real physical hardware:

mainboard: Intel DP35DP

cpu: intel core 2 quad

vga: asus ati x1600Pro

I got some problems with it:

- leopard does not reconized my CPU core2 quad properly.

- after completed installation, the system reboot, however it can not go straight boot into leopard by default, i have to put with the installation DVD,leave it count down until the system boot into leopard :thumbsdown_anim:

- the intel 82566dc gigabit ethernet was not been reconized by leopard

- And the intel high definition, IDT STAC9271D was not been reconized too.

Please help me how fix problems or show me how to patch them to make the system works properly.

Thank you very much.

- after completed installation, the system reboot, however it can not go straight boot into leopard by default, i have to put with the installation DVD,leave it count down until the system boot into leopard :(

Thank you very much.

Some people just intall Leopard on top of Tiger to fix this problem.

Use Tiger DVD and erase (format) the partition you wanted Leopard on in Disk Utility.

After erase just press reset botton (two: power and reset bottons) and take Tiger DVD out then put Leopard DVD in.

Do not erase (format) this partition again and use it for Leopard.

- after completed installation, the system reboot, however it can not go straight boot into leopard by default, i have to put with the installation DVD,leave it count down until the system boot into leopard

Problem fixed by boot with installtaion DVD, then run /usr/misc/script.sh [volume install leopard]

It is for ToH release RC2

For other problem. I am still waiting solution for driver sound card and ethernet.

As for your cores:

• Run Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor
  • If you see 4 cores in Activity Monitor you may want to just leave it alone, they're working but not reporting to System Profiler correctly.
  • If you don't see 4 cores in Activity Monitor try to update to 10.5.1 - that made my duo display as a duo instead of a solo (though it always had activity on both cores)
  • You can also try to follow the steps that andyph666 followed in this thread as he had his quad displayed as a solo with NO activity on the other cores.

As for your cores:
  • Run Applications/Utilities/Activity Monitor
  • If you see 4 cores in Activity Monitor you may want to just leave it alone, they're working but not reporting to System Profiler correctly.
  • If you don't see 4 cores in Activity Monitor try to update to 10.5.1 - that made my duo display as a duo instead of a solo (though it always had activity on both cores)
  • You can also try to follow the steps that andyph666 followed in this thread as he had his quad displayed as a solo with NO activity on the other cores.

thanks for your info. I will try it

I have this same board and I never found solutions for the onboard sound and ethernet issue using 10.4.8, 10.4.9, 10.4.10 and 10.4.11 using several different kernels. For sound, I even tried Taruga's patch method but to no avail. I have not yet tried Leopard on this board but I suspect these issues will remain.

If anyone has solutions for onboard sound and ethernet, please share. Cheers.