Patched disk won't boot

aquagrrl

6 posts in this topic

I have been trying in vain to figure out what I am doing wrong. I follow the instructions included with the brazilmac patch I download (it says from 10/31). Everything appears to work. I burn it, and it can be opened and looks like a mac installer. I pop it in my pc I built just for this, reboot, and get "Please insert a system disk and reboot". (there is no os as this is a fresh build). I also look at it on my mac, and it doesn't show up as a system disk.I suspect I have to do something to make it bootable, but I don't know what. I'm using toast as my burner isn't supported by mac. But I also tried patchburn and disk utility. I'm making the patch on my panther 10.3.9 mac, if that matters.If it matters, I know the drive works because I was able to boot Ubuntu's stand alone cd.ohhh. I wonder if this has anything to do with it. I tried patching again, and I am getting some errors that might be related to boot files. The one of largest interest is:du: /tmp/i386booter.iso: No such file or directoryAll the errors:Replacing minibless...cp: files/minibless: No such file or directorychown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/Install Mac OS X.app/Contents/Resources/minibless: No such file or directorychmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/Install Mac OS X.app/Contents/Resources/minibless: No such file or directoryReplacing OSInstall.mpkg...cp: ./files/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directorychown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directorychmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/System/Installation/Packages/OSInstall.mpkg: No such file or directoryReplacing boot-related files...cp: ./files/i386: No such file or directorychown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/standalone/i386: No such file or directorychmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/standalone/i386: No such file or directorycp: ./files/bless: No such file or directorychown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/sbin/bless: No such file or directorychmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/usr/sbin/bless: No such file or directoryReplacing Kernel...cp: ./files/mach_kernel: No such file or directorychown: /Volumes/osx86dvd/mach_kernel: No such file or directorychmod: /Volumes/osx86dvd/mach_kernel: No such file or directoryReplacing extensions...ls: files/Extensions: No such file or directoryALL PATCHES APPLIED !!!Creating bootable DVD in 10 seconds...You might want to CTRL-Z and inspect /Volumes/osx86dev now.cp: /Volumes/osx86dvd//usr/standalone/i386/*: No such file or directory./9a581-patch.sh: line 129: /Users/twice/Desktop/resources/mkisofs: No such file or directorydu: /tmp/i386booter.iso: No such file or directoryCreating a bootable image and remove any previous copies...Initializing...Creating................................................

................................Finishing...created: /Users/twice/Desktop/Leo_Patched_DVD.dmg/dev/rdisk3 map block size=512 #: type name length base ( size ) 1: Apple_partition_map Apple 63 @ 1 2: Apple_Free Extra 9177024 @ 64 ( 4.4G)Device block size=512, Number of Blocks=9177088DeviceType=0x0, DeviceId=0x0Creating partition on the image...expr: syntax error-createPartition <name> <type> <base> <size>Copying data onto the image...dd: /tmp/i386booter.iso: No such file or directorynewfs_hfs: /dev/rdisk3s: No such file or directorymount_hfs: No such file or directoryDITTOING...

my english sucks but try my best.

i think you need to download a original leopard dmg alike real leopard dvd from a torrent or usenet, It should be named osx-leopard105.dmg,

1.) put osx-leopard105.dmg on your desktop

2.) brazilman patch which has:

two files = 9a581-patch.sh and 9a581PostPatch.sh, put them on your desktop

three folders = files, leopatch and resources, put them on your desktop, too

3.) double click "9a581-patch.sh" it will show up with edit, Now, look for the line where it says: "APDIR=/Users/XXX/Desktop" and "DMG="/Users/XXX/Desktop/osx-leopard105.dmg" Make sure you change XXX with your username.

4.) Now, open up a terminal window or just type terminal in spotlight and load terminal from there.

5.) On your terminal window, do a "sudo –s" (no quote) command and enter your password.

6.) Now Type "cd desktop" (no quote) in the terminal window and hit enter.

7.) Now type "./9a581-patch.sh" (no quote) and hit enter.....THE PATCH WILL NOW EXECUTE! sit back and relax.

8.) Now u have a Leo_Patched_DVD.iso on ur desktop.

9.) burn it

i hope this helps you.

the tutorial comes from link

Thanks for the replies. Something else is going on, as I can't make a working patched disk anymore. I doubt I got the errors before, because I could make the disk (it just wouldn't boot). Now, I try the exact same steps I did before and I get the errors above and the resulting image gives an error that it couldn't find a valid volume to mount. I even tried deleting and re downloading the brazilmac patch.

I'm downloading a supposedly pre-patched iso but I've got a long wait. I'm also going to try to update my current mac to tiger, and see if I have improvement on patching.