Successful EFI install on Kalyway and Mac.Nub Tiger

BJMoose

9 posts in this topic

I just wanted to report that I have successfully converted my bootloaders on both my Mac.Nub and Kalyway Tiger drives. M.N went from 10.4.10 to .11 with no problem and Kway went from 10.4.9 to .11 with no problems. Didn't need to repair any kexts for video. Both kernels updated to 8.11.1. The Kalyway installation is on an external USB drive.

Are those the vanilla kernels you are using for 10.4.11 or are you referring to the installs (MacNub)?

Which EFI version did you use?... nice going and

regards,

ninetto

Both kernels are updated to vanilla. EFI version is .50

Quick maybe dumb question @ BJMoose:

I assume you extracted the kernels for 10.4.11 manually as described in the EFI-guide... are you using the kernels from the official Apple Update or install-disks?

If EFI is properly installed has anyone just run the official update, no-fuss no-muss?

EFI sounds good...

greetinz, ninetto

Actually, as a test, I extracted the actual kernels for 10.4.9 and 10.4.10 and replaced the kernels on my system (after installing efi). Then I updated each system to 10.4.11 by using the apple software update. No fuss...no muss. I also tested the kalyway and mac.nub kernels (after installing efi) and they too updated to 10.4.11 (kernel 8.11.1) with no fuss...no muss. Hope this helps.

I've gotten my Tiger up to 10.4.11 using the Combo updater after installing the efi 52. Strangely though, I have to use r3d3.kext instead of DSMOS.. Any time i try to kextload DSMOS.kext, i get a kernel panic.

Does anyone know what this could be caused by?

I've tried removing the AppleThermal, and IntelCPUPowerManagement, but to no avail.

Thanks a ton

cos

I've gotten my Tiger up to 10.4.11 using the Combo updater after installing the efi 52. Strangely though, I have to use r3d3.kext instead of DSMOS.. Any time i try to kextload DSMOS.kext, i get a kernel panic.

Does anyone know what this could be caused by?

I've tried removing the AppleThermal, and IntelCPUPowerManagement, but to no avail.

Thanks a ton

cos

Did you see this (last post on the page)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...0dmos&st=40

You need dmos from Tiger, NOT the one included in other packages... or did you try that already?

hope that helps,

ninetto