Problem Booting Leo On Inspiron 6400

Eds89

7 posts in this topic

hey guys, im having a bit of a problem with my install of leo,

to start with the ToH version i got refused to burn to disc, so i had to restore it to a different partition, then i installed it succesfully.

however, when i started the leopard partition, it just got to the first blue screen, just after the grey apple logo, and then it came up and said i needed to restart my computer.

it seems to work in VMware on the same machine, but not natively.

i tried using the -v startup option, and first time it seemed to get to the bit about my airport mac address then crashed, and now it is just getting to the blue screen and then say i need to restart.

any help or advice would be great

thanks

yer i wasnt sure if that could have anything to do with it, but the thing is i only have a core solo, so it doesnt seem to make sense that it would be the processori have the older model one:core solo 1.86ghz1gig of ram80gb hddati modility x1300ill give it a go, but any other suggestions would be greatthanksno, changing the no. of cpus doesnt help either!any other suggestions? repairing permissions doesnt help, and i was just wandering if there were some kexts or somthing i can removethanks

ok so i tried chaning the no. of cpus, and still nothing, just what i expected.

also my last post seemed to be a bit messed up, basically i was saying my model of inspiron 6400 is:

core solo 1.86ghz 1gig of ram 80gig hdd ati mobility x1300 broadcom 44x ethernet and broadcom 802.11 wireless adapter

any more advice or help would be great

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am running Leo using Kalyway's dvd and it worked "outta the box" altough I get the occasional hang and artifacts, also my airport works or my ethernet works, but never both at the same time, I'm trying out various tweaks...

I can't wait for a new Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD because IMHO he has always put out the best quality.

Cheers!