GA-P35-DS3P but it still wont install

YoYelloW

2 posts in this topic

Hey all,

i have this very nice mobo: GA-P35-DS3P (ICH9R 6S), got it cause it was working for alot of people. got both sata HDD and DVDRW (Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 and Asus DVD-RW DRW-1814BLT S-ATA)

now i first tried with ToH release, but it gave me a "waiting for root device" error, so tried brazilmac, same problem.

then i looked up simular boards for any rare bios settings, disabled and enabled everything thats should be.

HD is primairy master, DVDRW as its slave. Still im not getting passed "BSD Root: disk1s3, mayor 14, minor 7", Thats with ToH RC2 dvd. i can get into single user mode (nothing to do there fsck said dvd was fine). i have waited for some time, nothing happend, and both dvd and hd get inactive after some secs.

with Brazilmacs dvd im at the apple logo atm, no dvd or hd action, but no ( \ ) sign either (waiting for root device).

anyone got a suggestion what might get this setup to work? i would be very thankfull.

Hey all,

i have this very nice mobo: GA-P35-DS3P (ICH9R 6S), got it cause it was working for alot of people. got both sata HDD and DVDRW (Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 and Asus DVD-RW DRW-1814BLT S-ATA)

now i first tried with ToH release, but it gave me a "waiting for root device" error, so tried brazilmac, same problem.

then i looked up simular boards for any rare bios settings, disabled and enabled everything thats should be.

HD is primairy master, DVDRW as its slave. Still im not getting passed "BSD Root: disk1s3, mayor 14, minor 7", Thats with ToH RC2 dvd. i can get into single user mode (nothing to do there fsck said dvd was fine). i have waited for some time, nothing happend, and both dvd and hd get inactive after some secs.

with Brazilmacs dvd im at the apple logo atm, no dvd or hd action, but no ( \ ) sign either (waiting for root device).

anyone got a suggestion what might get this setup to work? i would be very thankfull.

Not thread hijacking, but I have the same problem, using SATA DVD and HDD, q6600 and 4gb gskillz, and ATi video-older. I tried Kalway, Toh, Tubgirl, nothing works, Vista is installed with ACHI and that boots slowly.