Broadcom BCM 5787M NIC in HP 6701b notebook

magare

62 posts in this topic

My BCM5787(1693) is working partially, I used these following kexts.

PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip

This is on Kalyway 10.5.1 update to 10.5.2

Installed PCCard.10.5.2.beta2 package by Eqaute first, reboot and Installed AppleBCM5751Ethernet by nobb1x using kext helper.

MAC is still zeros here are the results....

When connected to a Router, it can obtain IP automatically i can browse for couple of minutes, I was so excited seeing it working until BAM! my hack freezes! need to hold the power button of my ACER Aspire 4310 for 5 to 10 sec to power it off.

When connected to a Windows DC(2003) it can't get any IP(need to choose DCHP with Manual IP) tried to browse thru our Proxy Server, I can surf but after a 1 minute or two it won't work(browser will not display webpages).

but i'm happy cause it's working(40%?), it's a good start.

if only I can figured-out why it's freezing/Hanging....

Thanks to Equate and nobb1x.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Broadcom NetLink BCM5787M nic

cant make it working

encountered a lot of dependency problem

when using any of the uploaded kext on the forum

tried

:P

VEN_14E4

DEV_1693

ACER ASPIRE 5720Z

Hope someone could make one working.....

Is the BCM5787 driver moving anywhere guys? If an experience hacker would want me to be a test bed for whatever he could try to do for this driver I'll be very happy to help (I can connect to the net from my linux box and we could chat on silc/any chat client while I'm editing the driver and reporting back logs/dmesg/messages in real time).

System specs I'm running: Kalyway 10.5.1 patched to 10.5.2 on an Acer Aspire 7720zg

Pentium Dual Core T2310

4Mbytes ddr2 RAM

Nvidia 8400GS VGA

** Lan :

Model: "Acer Incorporated [ALI] NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express"

Vendor: pci 0x14e4 "Broadcom"

Device: pci 0x1693 "NetLink BCM5787M Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express" <<Not working>>

Wlan: pci.vendor = 'Broadcom Corporation'

info.product = 'BCM94311MCG wlan mini-PCI' <<working without any patching>> (but I don't have a wireless hub at the moment, I can connect to a neighbourhood hubs but I don't wanna steal their internet time:)

You need something concrete before you can make any progress with it. This is nothing but vaporware. There is no base from which any progress can be made other than a whole lot of wishful thinking. chronox, with all of his 1 posts here, says it's 40% done. He pulled that number out of thin air because he has no way to know that. He's not working on it. Nobody is working on it.

You need something concrete before you can make any progress with it. This is nothing but vaporware. There is no base from which any progress can be made other than a whole lot of wishful thinking. chronox, with all of his 1 posts here, says it's 40% done. He pulled that number out of thin air because he has no way to know that. He's not working on it. Nobody is working on it.

Ahh thats too bad. Guess none of the driver writers have the chip.. If anyone who wants to hack around on this and needs a testing buddy I'm here. The linux sourcecode for a working driver is inside the kernel source, I wonder if there is a free/openbsd one available?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yes its true

its working only 40 % ;)

after some time machine freezes

i think the problem is with DNS server

when i manually configured the IP, computer stopped restarting but internet was not working :P

then when i put DNS server address and pressed the apply button.......same error message

anyone please give the link of other BCM ethernet drivers i will try

yes its true

its working only 40 % :)

after some time machine freezes

i think the problem is with DNS server

when i manually configured the IP, computer stopped restarting but internet was not working :P

then when i put DNS server address and pressed the apply button.......same error message

anyone please give the link of other BCM ethernet drivers i will try

Hi sume5h!

Can you upload your 40% working kext here???

I want to try to fix it, after my final exam at the university!

I have the same card like yours in HP 6710b!

Thanks!

Sandiel

i used this two files

PCCard.10.5.2.Beta2.pkg.zip - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=22978

AppleBCM5751Ethernet.kext.zip - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=25174

This is on Kalyway 10.5.1 update to 10.5.2

Installed PCCard.10.5.2.beta2 package by Eqaute first, reboot and Installed AppleBCM5751Ethernet by nobb1x using kext helper.

Can someone explain what the 40% figure is supposed to mean? I've been working with computers and networks a long time. Saying it works 40% makes no sense at all. It either works or it doesn't. That's like saying someone is "a little bit pregnant". She is or she isn't and there's no 40% middle ground.

Throwing around that 40% number is misleading a lot of people because if it's meaningless to people in the profession then it has to be confusing to ordinary users. The truth is that it does not work.

You have to start a journey before you can progress to your destination. The current situation is everyone sitting around talking about a journey they would like to make, i.e. all talk and no action. Asking about progress is futile.