Flat image reboot problem

hugh

7 posts in this topic

I got the flat image on my hard drive successfully and can get the boot prompt up, but no matter which boot flags I try the system reboots at "Starting Darwin x86." If I use -x -v it scrolls through some ktexts first and then boots to it, and if I just use -v it reboots almost immediately, but if I don't use any boot flags the Apple screen comes up for a split second, and then the computer reboots. 10.4.8 works for the most part, but I can't get 10.5 going. I tried deleting Extensions.ktext but that didn't change anything.

In the main thread I noticed some people had this same problem but no one knew the fix for it. If you've figured it out, please share!

My system:

C2D E6750

4GB RAM

eVGA 680i MoBo

eVGA 8800GTS video card

Hi,

I’m experiencing a similar problem,

I’m using grub instead of the Darwin boot loader

Motherborard: Fatal1ty F-I90HD

CPU: Core due 2 e4300 1.8GHz (with ssse3 support – not a typo, ssse3)

RAM: 1GB RAM

HD: SATA 160GB

Installed on the 3rd partition (primary) with id af

I’ve dd the image while skipping the first 32256 bytes (so I could use grub)

It gets into grub, choose Leopard and boots, the screen goes blank and then reboots

BTW:

The same procedure works fine on my other

MB: ASUS P5GC-MX

CPU: Intel Pentium D 2.6Ghz

RAM: 1GB RAM

HardDisk: SATA 160GB

any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,

I've tried the ToH's install DVD, I got stuck on:

"waiting for boot volume with UUID xxxx

USBF: ....

Still waiting for root device

.... "

the message keeps on and on...

has anyone encountered this problem?

I got the flat image on my hard drive successfully and can get the boot prompt up, but no matter which boot flags I try the system reboots at "Starting Darwin x86." If I use -x -v it scrolls through some ktexts first and then boots to it, and if I just use -v it reboots almost immediately, but if I don't use any boot flags the Apple screen comes up for a split second, and then the computer reboots. 10.4.8 works for the most part, but I can't get 10.5 going. I tried deleting Extensions.ktext but that didn't change anything.

In the main thread I noticed some people had this same problem but no one knew the fix for it. If you've figured it out, please share!

My system:

C2D E6750

4GB RAM

eVGA 680i MoBo

eVGA 8800GTS video card

You have a corrupted boot partition / loader. I experienced the same problem and used a 10.4.10 Tiger dvd installer to repartition the drive. Then I had to set the partition aas active. I had to do it once then succeeding test installs worked fine. Try to find the Kalyway boot HD Leopard CD. You can boot from it and can fix stuff like this.