MAC OS 10.4.8 RAM problem

MacJordan

4 posts in this topic

MAC OS 10.4.8 was running just fine on my PC but when I added another 1GB of RAM (2GB total) I started OS X and it just shows the gray apple logo and after that the display goes off showing that there is no signal ant the os stops loading. Any ideas what went wrong. I haven't expected that at all, very strange :)

Edit: Actually it continues to load but it turns off the display... even stranger B):blink:

• 1 month later...

How about some more info on what hardware you use? (motherboard, gpu, cpu, ram sticks - both)

Have you tried to boot windows (if you have it)?

Maybe it is hardware related problem, rather than OSX.

Well I actually found a "solution"... I connect the display to the secondary output but there OS X 10.4.8 and above doesn't recognize my monitor which is a widescreen so there is no 16:10 resolution and I have to use non free software to add some... but anyway the hardware is:

mobo ASUS P5PL2/c

vid SAPPHIRE ATI X 1600XT 256MB DevID 0x71c0 (hmm strange Leopard says ATY Radeon...)

Pentium D 925

RAM 4x512MB ADATA DDR2 800MHz

I didn't have this problem until I added the 2x512MB of RAM, and then after the .kexts for the video card are loaded it goes blank. So if anyone has any idea pls help ;)

Happens both on Tiger 10.4.8 and Leopard 10.5 [ToH] and 10.5.1 iATKOS

Thank you!

P.S. Win XP, VISTA and Ubuntu don't have a problem at all with 1GB extra RAM