10.4.9 + EFI V5.1 and Vanilla Kernel

Synthology

10 posts in this topic

Greetings all,

I have recently installed the EFI_v5 patch, correctly, and dsmos from V4. Upon boot, it panics and -v shows the dsmos initializing and cpu 1 panic. After several other tries, I have got constant reboots, but in the end, with dsmos install, neither patched or vanilla kernel will boot. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

OSX 10.4.9 (uphuck 1.4r3)

Vanilla Kernel for 10.4.9

Gateway Laptop - 945 chipset

CoreDuo T2450

pc_efi_v51

Here are my panic screen shots. I took 2 shots to show everything on the screen.

Again this is a Gateway laptop with a 945G chipset and a CoreDuo T2450 CPU.

I am running 10.4.9 uphuck and its corresponding vanilla kernel taken from the official 10.4.9 combo update.

dsmos is installed and EFI v5.2

Any help on this issue is most appreciated.

post-55428-1195622078_thumb.jpg post-55428-1195622093_thumb.jpg

I had this error, I removed the AppleItelCPUThermal kext thing and then reinstalled the EFI loader using this command ./startupfiletool /dev/diskXsY ./boot_v5.

It booted and I installed 10.4.11 and everything works fine.

I still get the same panic. I am starting to believe that EFI is just not compatible with my laptop. It seems the dsmos kext doesn't like my system, because it also panic without efi installed and the patched kernel. It seems to conflict with the system in general, with or without the efi patch and vanilla kernel. Hopefully somebody knows the workaround to this problem, because it seems that its very difficult to figure this one out. Again, if anyone else has the answer, please do tell, it would most certainly be appreciated.

Cheers