10.5.1 without PC_EFI

XanthraX

13 posts in this topic

- Downloaded the 10.5.1 update from apple (you can do it via Software Update, select it and from the file menu, chose "Download only");

- Backed up my kernel (made a folder in the system disk named "kernels")

- With Disk Order , set to view hidden files I copied mach_kernel into /kernels (you can do with terminal, or Pathfinder or Xfolders)

- Backed up AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, just in case;

- Opened the 10.5.1 update package with Pacifist 2.5.1, selected all, except mach_kernel and installed;

- Chowned and chmoded all extensions, just in case;

- Rebooted and voila, I have 10.5.1.

same for me.

ToH RC2

Used nvinject and AzaliaAudio

on Asrock 775-DUAL VSTA, Realtek 8169S NIC, Pentium D 805, Geforce 6600, ATA

1.) Backup my kernel and the System/Lib/Extensions folder

2.) Installed via Pacifist

3.) Copied back: kernel, AppleIntelIntegratedFrame...kext, NVDAN40Hal.kext, IOHDIX...kext

Rebooted.

Resulted in kernel panic.

Rebooted again: -v -f -legacy

All is working now.

Another success - I hosed EFI installs several times with ToH, BrazilMac, and the flat image, then before I tried again I saw this thread and said "{censored} it!" This worked very well. I'd like to get a new kernel, too, but it doesn't seem to matter...

By the way, I just downloaded, installed everything with Pacifist (leaving out the kernel) and rebooted...none of the other steps listed above.

I cant seem to get Pacifist to open the update download, and "Show package contents dosent work on it either.... any thoughts on why and how to get around it?Nevermind... got it to open.This method was too easy... complete success. I also didnt bother to Chown/Chmod... no problems. Thanks,

hello,

o.k i have installed the update sucsessfuly! every thinks seems to be ok, but my display-resolution are only 1024x760 yet and i can't it change in the systempreferens tool (only this resolution is listed). so i have add my old resolutin in the botplist file. but somtimes i need a bigger resolution without a reboot. which .kext mus i replace from my backup, so that i can change my display resolution with the systempreferenses tool?

thx for help in advanced

regards

carl30

hi,

try replacing your graphics card kexts from backup. I copied all ATI kexts from backup (ATI*.*) - though probably not needed (I have ATI X1650 Pro, so it uses ATIRAdeonX1000.kext). Also, somebody on the forum mentioned replacing the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.

Will try this kernel, the 9B18 patched via this or this method gives me no sleep/shutdown issues.

regards

vlad

hello,

o.k i have installed the update sucsessfuly! every thinks seems to be ok, but my display-resolution are only 1024x760 yet and i can't it change in the systempreferens tool (only this resolution is listed). so i have add my old resolutin in the botplist file. but somtimes i need a bigger resolution without a reboot. which .kext mus i replace from my backup, so that i can change my display resolution with the systempreferenses tool?

thx for help in advanced

regards

carl30

- Downloaded the 10.5.1 update from apple (you can do it via Software Update, select it and from the file menu, chose "Download only");

- Backed up my kernel (made a folder in the system disk named "kernels")

- With Disk Order , set to view hidden files I copied mach_kernel into /kernels (you can do with terminal, or Pathfinder or Xfolders)

- Backed up AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext, just in case;

- Opened the 10.5.1 update package with Pacifist 2.5.1, selected all, except mach_kernel and installed;

- Chowned and chmoded all extensions, just in case;

- Rebooted and voila, I have 10.5.1.

Manage to get 10.5 working on my MSI 915P/G Neo2 with P4 3GHz, 2GB DDR2, Geforce 7300GT using ToH RC2 . Used also nvinject and AzaliaAudio. Linksys wireless USB network apdater V4 working. :)

I know nothing in using the Terminal command. :(

Download the 10.5.1 already. How to backup my kernel, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext before opening the update package? How to set to view hidden files using the terminal?

What is the full command line for Chown and chmod. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I know nothing in using the Terminal command. :(

Download the 10.5.1 already. How to backup my kernel, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext before opening the update package? How to set to view hidden files using the terminal?

What is the full command line for Chown and chmod. :(

me too, please somebody explain?

• 5 weeks later...

method to backup appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext

go to System/Library/Extensions

and search for appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext

copy it and save it on a pen drive or anything else

in case you want to place it back u can use kext helper to install it.

by the way friend i need your help if anybody (GMA 950 user) have the copy of this appleintelintegratedframebuffer.kext v1.5.18

pls send me coz i have some artifact/mouse tearing problem related to GMA950 graphics