10.4.11 killed my hackintosh!

7 posts in this topic

I have no idea what happened, I downloaded the update it installed, but it never rebooted itself. The dock and finderbar dissapeared though. Only visible item was my wallpaper and mouse pointer. Soooo I hit the reset button after about 20 minutes of nothing. It reboots goes through darwin just fine then it hits a brickwall and the whole machine restarts. Even with -v -c -x -s, i can not get to a single user CLI prompt. Any ideas? I need to save my data on the mac part but dont have a way to do so. I would hate to wipe it and start over... Is there a way to reinstall the 10.4.10 tubgirl without wiping the drive (i already tried and it told me that it cant install because a newer version already exists on the mac part)? Any and all help would be super sweet.Jim typing on windoze box :'(Blarg forgot box specs. I gots an AMD x2 5200+ oc'd to 2.75ghz, 2 gb 800mhz ram, ati X1300 256, 30gb IDE for mac, 320GB sata for WIN, ECS k8n890m MB, It tore the hell outa 10.4.10, I even think it was a little faster than the 2.6 intel iMac i was playing with at the mall... :D

FYI: NEVER install updates to the OS through software update, espically with AMD, you got lucky with what I am assuming was an upgrade from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10

What nills said might work, if is dosent then, um, do you have windows on there?