Network connected drives on my Finder?

Wizi

5 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I'm daily using a network storage device and I was kind of used after I connect myself to it to see it's icon listed on the left side of the Finder right below my HDD and meanwhile mounted images (if any). But since I've upgraded to Leopard there is no such thing happening anymore. Just wondering if there is any solutions this to become like it was used to be or it's me who needs to adjust to this?

Thanx in advance!

Sorry, this is the new networking. You can go to Finder>Prefs and have mounted shares appear on your desktop. Otherwise, the computer/NAS will simply appear w/ an eject icon in the Shared pane.

Here's my convoluted way of getting network shares to show automatically under "Devices"

In Finder preferences show Computer in sidebar.

Make an automator action to connect to the share. (Get Specified Servers, Connect to Servers)

Run action to connect to the shares.

Click Computer in sidebar and drag the shares to Devices.

In Accounts add the automator action to list in Login Items

Turn off show Computer in sidebar. (optional)

Seems to work. Sometimes the eject icon beside the share doesn't show up but it doesn't seem to cause a problem.

Actually I've done the same in another way. I connect to my shared network storage manually and then just drag and drop it's icon in my "Login items" and so it does the same as your automator script, but even more simple and easy :) Maybe just because I'm not familiar with Automator at all <_< Usually then I do one more step and drag the same folder icon and place it where I'm used to see it in the Tiger finder.

Thank you!