ToH boot only with -legacy option

Nico3d3

7 posts in this topic

I retried to install ToH because Kalyway was way too buggy for what I needed. I found a way to get past the kernel panic I had the first time I installed ToH but I still need to boot with -legacy option using F8 because otherwise, I still get a kernel panic. Is there a way to solve this problem or otherwise, is there a way to tell my system to alway boot with the -legacy option?

Thanks alot, I will do a backup of the file com.apple.Boot.plist and then I will try your trick. Does anyone had any success with a patch to avoid this legacy mode? I know there's a Brazilmac patch available on the net but, I don't want to messed up my config with it. Please let me know if anyone had success using this patch on a ToH distribution.

• 2 weeks later...
I retried to install ToH because Kalyway was way too buggy for what I needed. I found a way to get past the kernel panic I had the first time I installed ToH but I still need to boot with -legacy option using F8 because otherwise, I still get a kernel panic. Is there a way to solve this problem or otherwise, is there a way to tell my system to alway boot with the -legacy option?

try -v -x -f cpu=1