Lost Everything On My iPod From Updating

Special-K

8 posts in this topic

So I just update my 5th gen from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 cause iTunes said to. Well now I've got nothing in my iPod. When I plug it in, it works fine, everything's there and all, but when I unplug it, nothing shows up. I even downgraded the firmware and still nothing. Any help would be wonderful. And if it helps, I have iTunes 7.2.

I just read you got it all back, ignore my rambling.

If you've noticed this is a OS X forum and not an ipod forum. Also the ipod forum has little to no activity so dont get mad when no one replies.

My friends ipod has been plauged with that problem so I just put Rockbox on it but since I updated it to 1.2.2 the problem was solved.

I myself have had a the problem on my 5G 30GB and restoring solved the problem.

Just a quick idea I thought of in the 5 minutes of reading your bitchy post, try making the hidden folder unhidden in windows eject your ipod than restart it by holding the menu and center button until the screen goes blank. If that doesnt work hide the folder again than reboot it and see what happens. Again I just thoughtof it myself so its not guarenteed to work.

The folder is called iPod_Control or something like that I forget

I was angry, that's why it sounds bitchy. I didn't want to restore the iPod cause I have movies and shows on there that I deleted from my computer and I really didn't want to lose that. What I did to get it back was right click on the playlists and hit copy to play order, hoping that it would work. Disconnected and checked, sure enough it worked. But that's with 1.2.1, I don't know if it'll work or not with 1.2.2 so I'm not gonna risk it.

And if you noticed, this IS an iPod forum. iLife+iPod says it all.

And I know no one's active in this part of the forum, but I meant the entire board when I said forum, kinda forgot what it was called.

Oh and your sig is wrong Atreyu, they never made a 60GB 5.5. The 5.5 was 30 and 80.