Can anyone recommend a soundcard?

hg2007

4 posts in this topic

Managed to get logic 8 up and running on my pc with my onboard soundcard but the only problem i got is that i only have two channels of audio. I was thinking of upgrading my soundcard sometime anyway was thinking of a m audio 2496 but heard that didnt work on a osx 86 system. Can anyone recommend a half decent soundcard within that price range that works?

Also im looking to get a usb controller keyboard soon does anyone know of any that dont have problems?

Thanks

I was able to get a Radium 49 from M-Audio working by installing the PCGenUSBEHCI driver on my Hp dv8000t laptop and then getting the Mac driver from their website so an M-Audio would probably not be a bad idea.

Dont think the radium is available anymore but i would get an oxygen or axiom if someone knows if they work?

My Axiom61 works just perfect. No issues what-so-ever. I just plugged it in and it worked. Same with my Mackie Control Universal Pro.

As for sound card, your best bet is to go something FireWire and I would stay away from the M-Audio stuff. I see so many complaints about them on various audio forums its not funny. It could also be that there are just a lot more of them sold so more people complaining.

I am currently using a Griffin iMic :stretcher: but thats because I am waiting for my Presonus FirePod to arrive.