Problem of booting Leopard after upgrade 7600CS to 8800GT

njbamboo

7 posts in this topic

Sorry for my poor English.

I just install Leopard on my PC and everything goes fine! The patched Leopard (I've got my own patched leopard dvd using brazilmac patch) could automaticly recognize my nvidia 7600CS video card. Today I bought a new nvidia 8800GT video card and upgrade my PC by changing 7600CS to 8800GT. When I restarted my Leopard, it show me a screen of four language and stop there. I knew my upgrade is just the reason. Would you pls teach me how to solve this problem without reinstalling Leopard??? Thank you very much!!!

btw: I just download the NVinject.kext for Leopard driver, Does it work for my new 8800GT video card??

you must delete files:

nvdaresman.kext

nvdahal50.kext

nvinjekt.kext

geforce.kext

from path: extensions

8800gt is not supported yet

if you are noob read.. it's typicall process

tommorow i hope my 8800gt come and i'm gonna test a lot

with this you will be able to boot but not have qe/ci enable ,the system will be slowest

you'll not be able to run apps that use opengl etc (games,final cut etc)

this is the most important and this usually was the problem

hi,Dear Spanakorizo,Thank you for your reply! I have deleted these .kext folders in my /System/Extensions, nothing worked. Also, I found several .kext folders named NVDANV1(2,3,4,5)0Hal.kext. I also deleted them. Nothing worked. Are there any .kext folders related to this problem?(maybe natit.kext?)

• 1 month later...
http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...&start=1480 go here and follow the guide and you will be able to 8800gt fully working. If you can't get into leopard well try safe mode or using you install disk load up terminal remove all existing nvidia drivers and replace the file from the guide. If that guide does not work search that forums alot of people got there 8800gt workinghttp://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=15 here is installer some one made up so noobs can install. If you can get in to leopard with same mode you can use that installer to get QE/CE support smile.gif