Raid0

AndrewNZ

8 posts in this topic

I haven't been around long enough to be au fait with the process that has allowed OS X to run on generic PCs so I have searched in these forums for evidence that SATA Raid0 is possible. So far, there is a blank.

If I knew anything about how Intel's chipset supports Raid, then I might be able to fathom how OS X might or might not be able to utilise it. Since I have no such knowledge, I write this in hope that somebody else does and can let me know if I can stop wasting my time searching or alternatively can point to a thread that suggests how it can be done.

As a last comment, neither drive shows up during the install, nor afterward.

Thanks to any and all who may shine some light on this for me.

Cheers,

Andy.

It's not possible to boot from a RAID0 partition on hackintosh.

However, you can use software raid with "disk utility" to create a non bootable partition (data partition).

I have a 320Gb disk for boot and a 2x500Gb disks for RAID1/RAID0 partition : 100Gb RAID1 + 800Gb RAID0

I use RAID0 as my DATA partition for video editing, it works great.

Partition scheme must be GUID for software RAID.

It's not possible to boot from a RAID0 partition on hackintosh.

However, you can use software raid with "disk utility" to create a non bootable partition (data partition).

I have a 320Gb disk for boot and a 2x500Gb disks for RAID1/RAID0 partition : 100Gb RAID1 + 800Gb RAID0

I use RAID0 as my DATA partition for video editing, it works great.

Partition scheme must be GUID for software RAID.

Hi.

I already have a Raid0 scheme in hardware that I boot into the PC from. It is extremely fast and makes my elderly PC/Windows work like a champ. This Raid0 is not visible to OS X86.

I boot into OS X86 10.4.9 via an IDE drive. OS X sees the IDE drive and its partitioned second drive. All good.

But it cannot see the Raid0 drive(s) that Windows boots from. Never has.

I don't know if your reply actually answered that, but I'm going to assume that it did and the answer is "no".

Thanks for taking the time to respond. :D

Cheers,

Andy.

hey, andy

you can read this post

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=66256

although it's not actually refer to the chip you're using, but it's a YES/POSSIBLE to see raid drive in mac os x.

Apparently it's not possible to see the intel Raid0 though. Pity, as the raid really helps this old rig perform like a much more youthful one.

Still, wishes are just wishes.

OS X86 just ain't ready for the big time yet. Must say major ups to Uphuck for making the amazing strides that he has so far, and wishing all the best for his future endeavours.

Salut. :)

• 5 months later...