Need some expert help

DTMracer

5 posts in this topic

My first post!!

Anyway, I'm trying to get the JAS 10.4.8 Tiger installation working on my computer.

I have been following this installation guide: http://www.anyizhu.com/mediawiki/index.php...tallationGuides

I have the OS selector and Windows installed on my 320GB HD, but the partition for OSX is on the 500GB HD. After reading everything on that guide, I obtained the installation CD image, burnt it onto a DVD and so on. The installation went fine, and all my files are still on both my HD and windows is working atm (except that the MAC partition doesn't show up, which it sholdn't).

After the OSX installation, the computer rebooted. However, I got the error "NTLDR is missing", so I went back in to the BIOS, set the IDE connections to enhanced mode, booted from the 320GB HD and went into the OS selector. I selected osx, and I got into the grey screen with the Apple logo and the clock thing on the bottom, as said in the guide. However, It just hangs up at that screen, and in the middle of the apple logo I get a small white square with a grey stop sign in it.

So, once again, I went back into the BIOS, set the IDE connections to compatible, and now only my 500GB HD now shows up. So, I selected to boot from that HD, it goes into Darwin, then into the grey screen and I get exactly the same problem as before.

Could any gurus out there please help me out? I'm dying for this to work.

My specs are:

Intel C2D E6700

Zalmann CNPS9500LED fan

Asus P5WDH-Deluxe mobo

2 x 1GB DDR2-800 Transcend Ram

Asus EN8800GTS 320mb graphics card

WD 320GB Caviar SE16 SATA HD

WD 500GB Caviar SE16 SATA HD

2 x LG SATA DVD drives

Antec neoHE 500w Power supply

Antec nine Hundred case

I forgot to mention. I don't have the NTLDR error anymore. Now its just that it can't properly boot into OSX.

Once the BIOS finishes posting and I'm in the OS selector, I can see the "unknow operating system" icon, which I know to be MAC. I select MAC, Darwin loads, then I enter the gray screen with the Apple logo and clock thing underneath. Then, it just hangs up at that screen, and I get a white square with a grey stop sign in it within the apple logo.