Does the Netgear WG311T work in Leopard?

prototype_sx

12 posts in this topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm from france, and i install kalyway 10.5.2 everything is ok, and i download the modified kext is working for WG311T on 10.5.2 from raoul.

But.....i don't know how to install it on leopard??? Can Raoul or anyone help me to install it !!!! Thank you by advance for your support, and i hope my english is not too bad.

Many thanks

Bernard from marseille/France

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all InsanelyMacers,

I'm a complete noob and thanks to 'raoul' and 'vaporATX' ;) even I got this to work with a Netgear WG311T under Kalyway 10.5.2! Follow these simple steps:

1) Download the file from raoul here and unzip it.

2) Download the file from vaporATX here.

3) Drop the unzipped file from raoul on the Kext app, enter your password and click on easy install (or follow the 'How to use' guide on the Kext Helper page).

4) Reboot.

5) Enjoy wireless internet under OSx!

My only issue now is following an upgrade to 10.5.3 (the Kalyway version) I have no wireless again :plane:. I tried repeating the above but to no joy.

Anyone know why or just how to get it working again under 10.5.3?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I followed the instructions and the card is recognized and working on Kalyway 10.5.2. I'm connecting to my WPA access point using networksetup. The connection itself seems flaky, however - with occasional drops that force me to disable and re-enable the "airport". I've seen a few other people complaining about this but haven't seen a solution. Does anyone have any advice?