intel 10/100 LAN ve

romanosgr

15 posts in this topic

Im just a little bit frustrated on how to make my network work on leopard. It worked great on all tiger releases and what i did was to use the network tulip method plus finding the vendor id on my card. I tried to replace the kext repair permissions and then ive installed xcode and after that ive installed the network tulip. That was the standard procedure ive been using on tiger but the same thing doesnt seems to work on toh leopard release. It worked some times but after i restarted it went off again. This is very bizarre and i was just wondering if anyone else managed to make this work. Any suggestions are very very welcome indeed. thanks :censored2:

upon bootup press f8 furiously, it should give you an option to choose from which partition you want to boot. just select the osx partition and type -f then press enter.

if you dont want to always hit f8 when your booting, just add this values in /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>10</string>

it should look something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

</dict>

</plist>

thanx dude.. It works now. Do i have to do that -f trick everytime or just once? Oh btw do you have any idea why i cannot get that grey apple logo boot screen on some other releases? Is there any way to enable it? I only get verbose. Appreciate the feedback, thanks again :)

As the above method does work. What I did was simply use the intel pro ve kext from tiger. I deleted the appleintel8255x.kext dated 10/10/07 from the IONetworkingFamily.kext. I put the one that's been floating around for tiger in there. Repair permissions and it works perfectly. No more flushing the cache. I don't think there are any benefits to using the one shipped with leopard.