ATI X1600 PCIE QE/CI on Leopard?

cybertlc

9 posts in this topic

Anyone get this working?

I have it working 100% in Tiger with QE/CI, no tearing, and full resolution.

I can't get QE in Leopard, and CI only says software. I'm using the same kext files as the ones in Tiger, but Leopard won't enable the QE. Any ideas as to why?

Are there any cheap cards that are fully supported in Leopard?

Anyone get this working?

I have it working 100% in Tiger with QE/CI, no tearing, and full resolution.

I can't get QE in Leopard, and CI only says software. I'm using the same kext files as the ones in Tiger, but Leopard won't enable the QE. Any ideas as to why?

Are there any cheap cards that are fully supported in Leopard?

Whaaaat?! x1600 with CI/QE under 10.4?! Whats your GPU ID? O_o Maybe 71c3? Tell me something, please :<

• 2 weeks later...

I have QE/CI working on my X1600 and i have resolution switching except my lcd requires 1440x900 to give correct picture and that option is not on osx from what i have seen. any ideas on how i can get 1440x900? I have tried to force it to that res using a 3rd party program and i end up with a blank screen and reinstall required. HELP!

I have QE/CI working on my X1600 and i have resolution switching except my lcd requires 1440x900 to give correct picture and that option is not on osx from what i have seen. any ideas on how i can get 1440x900? I have tried to force it to that res using a 3rd party program and i end up with a blank screen and reinstall required. HELP!

Man you can use SwitchRes app to change or add the resolution what you need.

I think you need to edit "com.apple.Boot.plist" file in order you can change resolution to an optimal. Just type sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist, enter your password, and add these lines :

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1440x900x32@60</string>

press Ctrl+O to overwrite, and press Ctrl+X to exit. Do repair permission. Restart. Voila...you get your full resolution on your Leopard

• 3 weeks later...