Leopard 10.5 Server

Hyper X

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone got 10.5 Server up and running on a hackintosh. If so can you point me in the right direction? Thank you!

You just download it, and use the client kernel and kexts, noob.

Yes I know I am a noob. Thats why I am asking. I as checking to see if this was all on one install DVD or something I could use. Was looking more for a step by step guide but for server ;\

So does anyone know?

Well, it strikes me that your first step might need to be to buy 10.5 server in order to obtain a serial..

Having done that, the process used on 10.4 might work; install 10.5 client & then install the server packages on top. (if necessary editing the info.plist in the installer to let this happen) and then enter your serial on bootup.

If that doesn't do it, then take the 10.5 server dvd & give it the same treatment as the client dvd (brazilmac script or similar) then boot & install from that.

Regardless, you won't get a functional os x server without that serial.

Well, it strikes me that your first step might need to be to buy 10.5 server in order to obtain a serial..

Having done that, the process used on 10.4 might work; install 10.5 client & then install the server packages on top. (if necessary editing the info.plist in the installer to let this happen) and then enter your serial on bootup.

If that doesn't do it, then take the 10.5 server dvd & give it the same treatment as the client dvd (brazilmac script or similar) then boot & install from that.

Regardless, you won't get a functional os x server without that serial.

Thank you :( I have a serial good till december and by then I hope to find a new number. So I am going to give it a go using your first method on a usb drive and see how it all goes. Failing that I will try the second method *given that I have the instructions for the Client using Brasilmac method*

Thank you for your response ;)

• 2 weeks later...