tv out with hackintosh leopard

phanguy

4 posts in this topic

sorry, not quite sure if this should be here or somewhere else.

i've finally installed leopard on my hackintosh. it took quite a bit of time but it was very much worth it. everything worked on boot up. i didn't have to modify anything! now my only only only problem now is that i can't get my s-video out to work. it worked fine before when i was running tiger.

when i first did it on tiger:

i started my hackintosh with the s-video plugged in and it worked immediately

on leopard:

i start it with the s-video plugged in, then it goes to the login screen(i'm not quite sure how to turn off the login) and once i log in, the background turns the Apple blue colored background and i can use my mouse, but that's it. nothing else shows up. i thought maybe installing the old kexts i used before might help but it didn't make a difference. probably because i need to remove whatever gpu kexts are working for my gpu right now, but i don't know which ones those would be.

any help would be very much appreciated!

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Well, I had the same problem. To simple boot, as you may already know you can just unplug S-Video cable.

But what about fix - there's info here - https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=35...476621678036865

I'm going to try that out after permorming some tests. Check it out, it's about changing the positions of displays in Info.plist file. Should work to my mind.