Here's my Rant!

xplizid

11 posts in this topic

Ok so I thought I could adjust to Leopard so i installed for main OS its been one day and i cant stand it. the dock is just bad reflecting open windows when window is pulled all the way down looks like {censored} not even gunna get into indicators! Oh i forgot the ugly menu bar, awsome the two things that are on your screen at all times (for most ppl). Now i could change some of that but if by default its {censored} its still {censored} after the few cosmetic changes that can b applied. I'm going back to Tiger and will probably not upgrade to Leopard again. Personally Apple went waay to overboard on the whole reflecting mirror look, ya it looks cool but theres no point. Make an option to turn it off! I better be able to request Tiger for my mbp that I am ordering in cuple weeks if not I will just get a windows machine.

Ok so I thought I could adjust to Leopard so i installed for main OS its been one day and i cant stand it. the dock is just bad reflecting open windows when window is pulled all the way down looks like {censored} not even gunna get into indicators! Oh i forgot the ugly menu bar, awsome the two things that are on your screen at all times (for most ppl). Now i could change some of that but if by default its {censored} its still {censored} after the few cosmetic changes that can b applied. I'm going back to Tiger and will probably not upgrade to Leopard again. Personally Apple went waay to overboard on the whole reflecting mirror look, ya it looks cool but theres no point. Make an option to turn it off! I better be able to request Tiger for my mbp that I am ordering in cuple weeks if not I will just get a windows machine.

So you're uninstalling the OS simply because you dn't like the dock? You do know that with one line of code in Terminal you can change it to the black minimalistic-type dock that appears on the sides, right? And what's ugly aboutt he menu bar? tTransparency? That can be changed, too... Seems a little extreme to disregard the whole operating system just because you don't like two easily changeable cosmetic changes...

Seriously - You're flaming a pure unix 64 bit operating system because the dock has some transparency and mirror effects?

You come off sounding like a loonie...

I for one totally dig the eye candy - and the entire OS is a complete package I adore (now that the bugger is running on my rig...)

My biggest problem with Leopard is it is buggy as {censored}.

I can't believe the bugs. Sure, cosmetic and experienced based ones. Not data crushing.

But still. This is the "it just works" company which puts out high quality products?

For shame Apple.

I just don't want to wait until 10.5.8 for stability. It took Tiger until 10.4.4, maybe 10.4.5 to be decent on the bug front.

For Leopard, I hope Apple takes some time, and bangs out hundreds of bugs for 10.5.1. We'll suffer through the slop but the next patch better fix the bugs and obvious design flaws.

Fingers crossed...

My biggest problem with Leopard is it is buggy as {censored}.

I can't believe the bugs. Sure, cosmetic and experienced based ones. Not data crushing.

But still. This is the "it just works" company which puts out high quality products?

For shame Apple.

I just don't want to wait until 10.5.8 for stability. It took Tiger until 10.4.4, maybe 10.4.5 to be decent on the bug front.

For Leopard, I hope Apple takes some time, and bangs out hundreds of bugs for 10.5.1. We'll suffer through the slop but the next patch better fix the bugs and obvious design flaws.

Fingers crossed...

Um...what bugs? I have not run into a SINGLE bug on Leopard yet. It's much faster than tiger and much sleeker, too. Are you running it on a hackintosh or something?

is there a way to change the transparency of the 2d dock? coz my black triangle indicators dont show up well on most backgrounds nor will.

Try the default indicators, they're very nice and minimalistic. But I think i recall someone working on hacking the 2D dock, not sure if they got to transparency, though.

xplizid, there are 2d people, and 3d people. i think you should change the dock to 2d. then obsess on

finding a way to increase the tiny font in the Finder sidebar! :D

damn that tiny font. it should match the font size one chooses for the Finder, Desktop, Browsers etc.

it's like they just stopped thinking or something, and it really pisses me off! however, i'll probably stick with

Leopard, cause it is so much faster, unless they pull a miracle of performance improvement with 10.4.11.

haha i forgot too complain about the finders sidebar totally agree^^ i dont mind the 3d look but heres what i have a problem with it...

picture3wa0.png

if you stretch the window as far down as possible it reflects a bit at the bottom.

Here's my solution so far, maybe if it can be hacked to be less transparent i can have the good ol triangle indicators :D

picture4kc2.png