P35 chipset?

Korrupted

7 posts in this topic

I just bought the exact same mobo(GA-P35C-DS3R), but I am having issues installing both Tiger AND Leopard. The only way I can get the DVD to boot is through having the sata disks to RAID in BIOS, and when I boot the Leopard DVD(Retail Brazilmac), it freezes. On Tiger(Uphuck 10.4.9 i1.4 r3), I get a kernel panic or Still Waiting for Root Device on any setting. Anyone have any advice?

I just bought the exact same mobo(GA-P35C-DS3R), but I am having issues installing both Tiger AND Leopard. The only way I can get the DVD to boot is through having the sata disks to RAID in BIOS, and when I boot the Leopard DVD(Retail Brazilmac), it freezes. On Tiger(Uphuck 10.4.9 i1.4 r3), I get a kernel panic or Still Waiting for Root Device on any setting. Anyone have any advice?
Check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=69316&st=0 , it's a thread about people getting the P35-DS3R working. The short answer is that you either need to install Leo on a disk hanging from the JMicron controller, or set your ICH9 to AHCI mode.

Yup. Brazil Mac method.

Haven't been able to get the ToH RC2 to get past after finding BSD device. (yes, it finds the root). I tried several different burns, mounted the image on a hard drive, everything. Always the same. Either I got a bad download or ToH doesn't like Asus P35K wifi ap.

I had the "Still Waiting For Root Device" problem installing Leopard (Brazilmac disc boot method and ToH) on my P35-DS3R

In the BIOS set the SATA mode to AHCI and the next option in the list to "NATIVE"

Then the Boot DVD can recognize your HD's (hopefully :blink: )

I installed my video driver but have yet to get my audio working.