"boot.plist not found"

erichq

16 posts in this topic

i keep gettting that " boot.plist not found thing". i went on the uphuck site and ti said something abaout gparted live cd, so i got that but there isn't a startup file or anything. i burnt it on a dvd thinking it would autorun but it didn't.

how do you fix this?

its making me so mad...ive reinstalled the osx like 5 times. it still won't work. i think its messing up my pc too. ive had to reformat my entire pc about 5 times in the past 3 days. i keep getting this bootmgr missing or ntdlr missing...it angers me! specially cuz i lose all my favorites (which go figure, are guides on how to install osx)

this boot.plist not found thing ticks me off mostly cuz i haven't read anywhere on how to fix it. checked on uphucks site, said something about gparted live, cept idk wth to do with it!

Try another install Dvd (JAs 10.4.8 seems to work fine in most cases). Also it may help to just devote a single HD just for OSX, instead of multibooting.

The boot.plist thing sounds like an install issue w. me. It should be in your System/Preferences somewhere...

com.apple.boot.plist is Apple, so it should be on your OSX boot partition in /System/Preferences I believe.

If you want to try for sure, I would just devote a HD for OSX and forget multiboot Vista (who needs it anyway...). If you get your OSX running standalone, at least you know that it is working on your system and can go from there.

I have 3HDs laying around, each with their own OS. Very handy for experimenting withou having to reinstall, format C: etc.

well right now i have the uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3, burnt to dvd, blah blah. woulndt install, gave me a root error or something like that. so i used it in vmware, installed fine and everything cepth the boot.plist. and i gave osx its own partition and there wasn't any system/preferences in the partition. i went to folder options and unchecked hide hidden files/folders. and i unchecked hide protected OS files. still nothing. as far as just using osx i don't know...just b/c when im in the installer on vmware its kinda laggy. the mouse drags across the screen...idk why. i have a 120gb external hd but i dont know about putting it on there...simply cuz i have over 1400 songs and lots of important files.

Eric,

Get yourself 'the' Jas 10.4.8. iso, this is used by milions already with quite some success... It doesn't make sense to send a boot.plist as there is possibly something wrong with your setup.

Also, I advise to do a clean install first on a PATA HD that you format according the many install instructions out there.

well, well, i have the same problem, what i do? this what you do, when you prompt to install window go to utility disk, erase disk using a Mac Os (with sesitive case) or some i don`t remember what exact is, but is the third option up to down, i do it tree times, then after all, i erase with the first option and done!!

Spanish :D

yo tenia el mismo problema, lo que hice fue entrar a la utilidad de discos y borrar el disco con la opsion de Mac Os Plus(may y mins, reg) o algo asi, es la tercera opsion de arriba hacia abajo, lo hice como tres veces y despues lo hice con la primera opcion que es la que utilizamos para formatearlo, la razon es que en el boot del disk se borra por completo y quedan rastros de instalaciones anteriores, si utilizas un disco nuevo no se presenta este sintoma, solo pasa cuando estas "probando y probando" haber que pasa.

Guest bikedude880

Have any of you tried setting your drive as the primary master? Or even just the master drive in BIOS? You can view this issue by putting an OS X install DVD in the slave drive (regardless of primary/secondary settings) and see the same thing. Pop it in the master (regardless of primary/secondary settings) and it should boot. Food for thought...

Have any of you tried setting your drive as the primary master? Or even just the master drive in BIOS? You can view this issue by putting an OS X install DVD in the slave drive (regardless of primary/secondary settings) and see the same thing. Pop it in the master (regardless of primary/secondary settings) and it should boot. Food for thought...

well, whenever i tried to install the uphuck version i had vmware boot from cd drive, which had the uphuck dvd i burnt in it