PC Keeps Restarting after Update

mattscool01

14 posts in this topic

I have sucessfully installed Jas 10.4.7 on my HP Pavilion a1223w, 3.06 Ghz Intel, 512 MB of RAM and an HD Realtek 880 . Everything installed perfectly, audio , video and ethernet all working, but after an Apple software update the PC keeps rebooting after the loading Darwin X86 screen. I am reinstalling Mac Os X right now. Any help would be appreciated.

That is most likely your problem. Most updates through apple are okay. System updates (like going from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10) will cause kernel panics. The solution is to re-install your original version and use one of the patched system updates (from the likes of JaS, Koolkal, or PascalW etc.) to bring you up to 10.4.10. Best bet now is to download one of the newer installers from Mac.Nub, XxX, Kalyway, or Uphuck and go from there.

Ok I have installed from a 10.4.7 Jas DVD and tried installing an update called "MacOSXUpd10.4.10Intel.mpkg.zip" made by netkas and PascalW. When I run the automatic installer it freezes at about 75% and then no programs can run. After a reboot the screen remained at a desktop only view with no top bar or sidebar.

PascalW is usually only used for updating from 10.4.8 or 10.4.7. Do a clean reinstall of 10.4.7 then use the koolkal 10.4.10 intel combo sse2 & sse3 V2 updater and its sometimes known as koolkal 10.4.10 intel combo sse3 only.

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the constantly changing status, but all issues have been resolved and I am glad to report I am running Leopard at full speed.

It's great that it's working but would you please kindly state what was resolved and briefly explain how so that future members with the same problem are able to resolve it.

Thank you.

• 8 months later...